Another New Guy- sorta

OK- well every board is a little different and up until the server change over -thanks Myr, I wasn't sure if my posts would stick.

Hi folks.

I'm a writer based at Deweywriter and Awesomedude's boards. I'm also the project coordinator for the Collision round robin running at various other sites.

I grew up gay in the South, Mississippi, during the seventies. I've been through the mud and the blood of being gay where peop,e don't care for it and I've got the scars to prove it.

A lot of people are a bit taken aback by the blatent drug use in my work. So sorry. Er ummm, I'm a recovering addict so I write about what I know.

My writing doesn't glorify or justify drug use. It merely illustrates how easy it is for gay youth that are having problems to fall into chemical dependencies (alcohol, drugs) and what a mess it can make. If anything I hope people will see that adding another problem(chemical dependency) to the difficulties many people encounter being gay doesn't help at all.

Granted- I'm not an old lady about stuff. Have a beer, smoke a joint. However if you wake up one morning and discover that you've been stoned for a decade, maybe you had better talk to someone.

My stories aren't all about sex- it's there and tastefully done but don't expect raunch.

I love this site and am really coming to respect the great writers that reside here. Comicality, Dom, Myr, Ghostrider, and others- my hat is off to you guys.

Thanks to the authors! I know how hard the work is and am getting an idea how talented this group is.

Thanks to the editors! I know how important their work is and I wouldn't trade mine for love or money.

Thanks to the admins! Sites don't run themselves and this one is running 100% better.

This is a great board and I expect to haunt it for some time.

BTW- I take pride in being one of the most polite posters on the net. I never try to be rude or flame anybody. Hell, I'm a good ole boy from Mississippi. I'm niether too smart or too fancy to talk to anyone. I might learn something. I'm big on respecting other people. If I ever hurt your feelings, it's accidental. Let me know, I'll be properly mortified as a southern gentleman should be and promptly appologize.

With Respect,

James Savik