Mood: Sad :(

This morning my Mum called me at work to tell me my first BF from when I was in school died today in a car accident. :(

I haven't seen Alan in about 2 months, we stayed friends after the break up. the last time I saw him he was here at our flat warming party.

Chris and I have sat in our living room numb all day.

I don't think I know how to react, its stupid but part of me is really lost feeling. He's the first friend ive lost like this. i guess I dont know what to think. Chris is really cut up because he was best friends with alan when he moved up here. Like I said im just numb, I dont think it really sunk in yet...

:( Dave

So sorry to hear that you have had such a big loss in your life. It is understandable that you would feel lost when such a big part of who you were is suddenly gone. I will be thinking of you and hoping you will find a way to keep a part of him with you in your heart so you don't have to feel lost or without him. I really believe that everything happens for a reason, whether you can see it now or not...

My condolences

Dave and Chris,

Big Hugs from across the Pond and lots of Sympathies..hold onto each other and remember that Alan will always be with you in your memories and in your heart. My sympathies to Alan's family and I hope that you can cry, even laugh at the good times, and just take care of each other as you grieve Alan's untimely passing.

We will be thinking of you, Chris and Alan's family.

Again, my deepest sympathies and lots of hugs at this sad time. My thoughts go with you.

Michael

Dave & Chris,

My heartfelt condolences to you; and, to the family of your lost friend. Nothing I nor anyone can say will ease the shock and pain of tragic loss, but know we are praying for you all. Alan will never be truly gone so long as you love, laugh, and carry his memory close to your hearts. My deepest respects mates, God bless and keep you all in your hour of turmoil.

Chris and I have sat in our living room numb all day.

I don't think I know how to react, its stupid but part of me is really lost feeling. He's the first friend ive lost like this. i guess I dont know what to think. Chris is really cut up because he was best friends with alan when he moved up here. Like I said im just numb, I dont think it really sunk in yet...

:( Dave

Dave & Chris-

Greif sucks and like it or not you're in it.

I won't go own with the psyco-babble about it's stages and what not but the numbness that you describe is very typical.

As this is your first loss to death, it's important that you learn to deal with it because as you get older, it is inevitable that you will lose other people that are dear to you. You can cope with it and go on or stuff the feelings and leave yourself with an emotional timebomb inside.

Take a look at the info on this site. I think you'll find it useful. Link>>Good Greif

You have my sincere condolences,

JS

Thank you all for your words of support. Myself and Chris have gone to my folks house (where alan still lived) I spent the last hour with his Mum crying my eye's out. If im feeling lost she is totally missing. I hope i have helped her in someway. I just hope knowing her son is loved even with death is helping. She's a strong woman but my heart goes out to her in this time. You are all a shoulder of strengh to myself and Chris. Thank you all xxxx

Dave

Thank you all for your words of support. Myself and Chris have gone to my folks house (where alan still lived) I spent the last hour with his Mum crying my eye's out. If im feeling lost she is totally missing. I hope i have helped her in someway. I just hope knowing her son is loved even with death is helping. She's a strong woman but my heart goes out to her in this time. You are all a shoulder of strengh to myself and Chris. Thank you all xxxx

Dave

Dave and Chris,

I am very very sure that you helped Alan's Mum...since she knows you both love Alan and that he will always be in your hearts and that he was and still is dearly loved. You said it best..she knows that her son is loved even in death.

All of our hearts go out to you and Chris and Alan's Mum and all his family. I like to think and feel that our loved ones who pass become our Guardian Angels....so Alan is now one of yours....he will always be with you where ever you, Chris and Alan's family goes as he watches over you with love.

Hugs and Sympathy,

Michael

Chris and I got home earlier tonight. Alans mum seems to be coping not to bad considering what she's going through. Chris has asked me to thank you all for your support since he's read your comments on the board. The funeral is on Friday so we'll just wait untill then and cope as best we can, im just glad weve got each other he's been my tower of strength since I found out.