The Nanny

W_L

Anyone remember this old series from the 1990's?

Well, I just saw it again on Nick at night and it is still funny even so many years later. I was watching the episode where Fran dressed up as nun to get into the hospital to visit one of the kids, since she was not their legal guardian yet. It was so funny to see her as a nun with Jewish mannerism. It just made me roll over laughing each time.

I did some research and it turns out the Nanny has become international success with a wide variety of adaptions that I never knew about. Anyone seen the other series?

International adaptions of the Nanny

I spend most of my late night watching that over and over. Goddamn it... it never gets so old.

The jokes and physical comedy were extremely memorable. I love the new york background with a slight amount of high class versus low class blending.

Sweet, we need to start a Gay Fran Drescher Fan club.

Can I be the president? :P

I love those little scenes between C.C and Niles; they had the smartest little witty remarks on TV, ever! (Next to Fraiser)

omg first time on the forums and this is the first topic i see? Serendipitous!

this is probably the best nanny archive i've seen: www.youtube.com/crywishes. It has the entire series upload. and i have watched all the episodes at least 5 times.

enjoy guys and gals.

No. I will be the president. I'll wear a big-hair wig with a crown on it and sparkly cape.

I have a gold sequined cape from Halloween you can use...

this is probably the best nanny archive i've seen: www.youtube.com/crywishes. It has the entire series upload. and i have watched all the episodes at least 5 times.

enjoy guys and gals.

Welcome to GA, and thanks for the link. :D

enjoy guys and gals.

Oh my God, I think I am in love with you. :D

Thanks, I love the show.

Jack, I got some designer pantyhose and bra's for you (Of course, I didn't get them retail.....there my ma's :P ).

Well, I guess Mattie could be maxwell. I'll die my hair and be Niles, hmm....who should be C.C

You can be Sylvia Fine. I'll give you a blonde wig and endless supply of food served by Niles.

I have a gold sequined cape from Halloween you can use...

I need a matching dress.

Edited by Jack Frost

Another show thats been on TV Land a lot now is maybe the best 90's show of all, Roseanne. I forgot how well written and acted and ahead of its time it was.

I like Roseanne too. Darlene's transformantion over the course of the show is sort like me in reverse.

P.S I'll be Yetta, my family says I hit Senility early so why not put it to good use?