Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Circumnavigation 9

He's Dirk's attorney, apparently, thus he is most likely also involved in the cover up of Trevor's mom's death, which means he's just as guilty and bad as Dirk is

I think Trevor's intelligence is now questionable. He shouldn't have gone anywhere back near those beaches or home, especially with the police and Coast Guard looking for him. Why are the police not questioning Dirk and making his life hell? And Jim was a retard letting Dirk freeze Trevor's bank accounts. It makes Dirk look even more suspicious, especially if something were to happen to Trevor now. Besides, Trevor has all that cash in his account. I say Dirk is guilty guilty guilty. That's one bad dude. On the bright side, hopefully in the next Chapter we get to see a nifty little sea chase where the coast guard loses. I don't think Joel or Lisa will be going back home either, and why is Trevor not sleeping with that gun out, or have it around with easy access. He's one man on board a tub with no warning if anyone comes except if his radar beeps, and I'm sure the coast guard can silence that. He needs to be a bit more cautious. If I was his father I'd totally spank him for being reckless right now... Hrmm...I'd prolly spank him anyways. It looks like a life of piracy and prostitution is in young Trevor's life now.

Linxe

I wonder if Jim is Dirk BF??

Dirk sounds real guilty - walks like a good guy and quaks like one

but really there isn't much good about the guy

If worst comes the worst Trevor might have to put out somewhere else - not in the bahamas area.

It feels bad that Trevor doesn't have a place to call home - only Atlantis for now.

Sure hope he find a clue to his mothers death.

Hope Julie and Joel go with Trevor - its still the summer - but then it be bad for them when they return home for school.

I think Trevor would feel bad about getting them into trouble.

I do feel for Trevor not knowing where his life will be.

I guess in that respect I'm in the same boat as he is.

But his boat is way better and he can fish or get more charters.

Still its dangerous out there ... I guess that's more reason why Dirk is so worried.

or is he worried that Trevor will found out what happen for real.

• Site Administrator

Great chapter CJ, thanks specool.gif .

First major question:

How the hell do you swim with a Mayonnaise Jar??? It would kind of make it impossible to use one hand. Unless Joel shoved it down the front of his speedos biggrin.gif

So hmmmm, Cj led us to maybe speculate who this Jim guy was, and some felt he was Dirk's secret gay lover. Then we find out he is Dirk's lawyer. Or is he ohmy.gif ??? I feel some evil goat misdirection being used to hide that Jim is Dirk's secret gay lover lawyer tongue.gif .

The most interesting passage in the story was this:

With his head still in his hands, Dirk replied in a defeated tone,

I think Trev makes sense ... he loves the sea ... the charter hospitality maybe good for him while he's young and adventuresome

and he said he would go to college to get a business degree

there is a future for him

just that he could use a dad that would be there for him and support him

Dirk is the one writing his sons life

So it sounds like Trev mom found out Dirk is gay and both went the divorce ... I guess she doesn't want a BI husband

Now if only Trev could tell his dad he's gay too

Maybe both may come to their senses

since its not - we have chapter among chapters to circumnavigate with :music:

Circumnavigation 9

It's getting interesting.

I wonder who this jim is?

We'll find out more soon, ;)

AND BTW, y'all missed it!

Did you see this map of Trevor's route to the Bahamas and back?

exile.jpg

Umm, did he circle something? Yes he did! He circumnavigated Grand Bahama Island!

Maybe this is the reason for the title of the story? 0:):ph34r:

He's Dirk's attorney, apparently, thus he is most likely also involved in the cover up of Trevor's mom's death, which means he's just as guilty and bad as Dirk is

I think Trevor's intelligence is now questionable. He shouldn't have gone anywhere back near those beaches or home, especially with the police and Coast Guard looking for him. Why are the police not questioning Dirk and making his life hell? And Jim was a retard letting Dirk freeze Trevor's bank accounts. It makes Dirk look even more suspicious, especially if something were to happen to Trevor now. Besides, Trevor has all that cash in his account. I say Dirk is guilty guilty guilty. That's one bad dude. On the bright side, hopefully in the next Chapter we get to see a nifty little sea chase where the coast guard loses. I don't think Joel or Lisa will be going back home either, and why is Trevor not sleeping with that gun out, or have it around with easy access. He's one man on board a tub with no warning if anyone comes except if his radar beeps, and I'm sure the coast guard can silence that. He needs to be a bit more cautious. If I was his father I'd totally spank him for being reckless right now... Hrmm...I'd prolly spank him anyways. It looks like a life of piracy and prostitution is in young Trevor's life now.

Linxe

Trevor is indeed a little reckless at times. he should have thought to be more cautious in many ways. He's new to being on the run, but he needs to learn.

BTW, when he's anchored inshore like that, the radar would be off, so no warning at all. 0:)

I wonder if Jim is Dirk BF??

Dirk sounds real guilty - walks like a good guy and quaks like one

but really there isn't much good about the guy

If worst comes the worst Trevor might have to put out somewhere else - not in the bahamas area.

It feels bad that Trevor doesn't have a place to call home - only Atlantis for now.

Sure hope he find a clue to his mothers death.

Hope Julie and Joel go with Trevor - its still the summer - but then it be bad for them when they return home for school.

I think Trevor would feel bad about getting them into trouble.

I do feel for Trevor not knowing where his life will be.

I guess in that respect I'm in the same boat as he is.

But his boat is way better and he can fish or get more charters.

Still its dangerous out there ... I guess that's more reason why Dirk is so worried.

or is he worried that Trevor will found out what happen for real.

Trevor is indeed in a mess, more than he knows. :)

Great chapter CJ, thanks specool.gif .

First major question:

How the hell do you swim with a Mayonnaise Jar??? It would kind of make it impossible to use one hand. Unless Joel shoved it down the front of his speedos biggrin.gif

So hmmmm, Cj led us to maybe speculate who this Jim guy was, and some felt he was Dirk's secret gay lover. Then we find out he is Dirk's lawyer. Or is he ohmy.gif ??? I feel some evil goat misdirection being used to hide that Jim is Dirk's secret gay lover lawyer tongue.gif .

The most interesting passage in the story was this:

Why oh why did Dirk 'have' to stop him? I think CJ wants us all to jump on the shoot Dirk bandwagon, but I think I will pass for now. We know Dirk has a temper, but we really don't know too much about him. Only what the evil Goat has given us. I am sure there is probably logical explanations to everything, but like Trevor, we don't know them.

Now as far as Trevor goes, yep, I still think he is being a dumb teenager (please note: not all teenagers are dumb or should be construed as dumb innocent.giftongue.gif ). He is making a lot of mistakes like using the phone and trying to use his ATM card. Like all of us making assumptions of Dirk, Trevor is doing the same thing but he is in real danger of getting in trouble out on the ocean while we are safe at home in front of our 'puters.

Well, I have more to say, but since I waited till 2 this morning for the chapter release, and it wasn't mad.gif , I am lacking sleep and need a nap. rolleyes.gif .

Thanks again goat

Thanks Steve!

Sorry for the late posting; I had no idea nyone would be waiting at that time of night. From now on, when possible, I'll post within half an hour after midnight, Tuesday mornings, Arizona time (no DST here). I'll try anyway. :)

Swimnming with a mayo jar is easy; just keep it in your hand. :) You can easily swim that way, just not as fast or as far. :)

Using his phone was dangerous , but at least now, he's got Joel's phone.

Thank you for pointing something out: Trevor is making assumptions without knowing the whole story. He's in the same boat we are. :)

I think Trev makes sense ... he loves the sea ... the charter hospitality maybe good for him while he's young and adventuresome

and he said he would go to college to get a business degree

there is a future for him

just that he could use a dad that would be there for him and support him

Dirk is the one writing his sons life

So it sounds like Trev mom found out Dirk is gay and both went the divorce ... I guess she doesn't want a BI husband

Now if only Trev could tell his dad he's gay too

Maybe both may come to their senses

since its not - we have chapter among chapters to circumnavigate with :music:

Maybe the circumnavigation already happened, and it was of that island? 0:)

BTW, the next chapter is called "Launch". (Which might have something to do with this one being called "countdown") ;)

Thanks!!

CJ

I still don't understand why some people are insisting that Dirk is gay... there's been no indication of that. In fact, the indication of anyone being gay has come from Trevor, and he's been fixated on the issue because he feels that this is the only reason for Dirk wanting him to be normal, when Dirk has given no indication that he knows about Trevor, or cares one way or another. Here's what we know about Dirk:

- He was going through a divorce from Trevor's mother at the time of her disappearance

- He has an attorney named Jim [NEW]

- He is a suspect in her disappearance/death [NEW]

- He gets seasick and airsick quite easily

- He owns a boat supply store

- He drives a Champagne Chrysler

- He's very hot headed, has a short fuse, overreacts easily, etc.

- He's hiding something big from everyone except for Jim.

Since Jim is his attorney, then I feel that this secret has a lot to do with Rachel.

His heart is in the right place, but his methods are way out of line. Unfortunately, it appears to have rubbed off on Trevor, who also has his heart in the right place, but is going about this issue all wrong. I understand his reasoning for what he did -- as far as he knows, if he doesn't take off with Atlantis, then his last link to his long-disappeared mother is gone. Lord knows, he would never be able to afford to buy it back as I'm sure Dirk would hang on to all the money in a sale for himself, or possibly for school for Trevor.

What I'm curious about in Jim's other role in the plot. He'd said, "Speaking as your attorney," which means he is something else. Attorney's are often friends (rarely lovers). I really doubt he is Dirk's gay lover. If Dirk was so far in the closet that he resented the thought of Trevor being gay (we have no confirmation that he could read Trevor's cryptic hints, and so far we can tell that's he terrible with cryptic messages) then he would not have a gay lover. If he has a gay lover, then he would not be hiding it from Trevor for nine years and refuse to believe his son is gay (and Trevor has not explicitly come out to Dirk).

• Site Administrator

I still don't understand why some people are insisting that Dirk is gay... there's been no indication of that.

I agree with you 100%. My whole Jim is the gay secret lover/lawyer was tongue in cheek :/ .

hey if Trever is in such of big mess - he might as well tell his dad he's gay

then maybe dirk will let him go

and stop hunting him down

I think if Trevor did admit to his Dad that he was gay, I would believe that Dirk would all of sudden realize what a dork he has been with his temper, and maybe see why Trevor is acting the way he is. Once again, only Trevor can correct the major communication problem.

Now for something new, we found out that Joel was wearing the red speedos under the red lifeguard shorts, but what was Trevor wearing while diving? My imagination is running wild without specifics CJ laugh.gif .

Oh, and BTW, I just happened to be up that late the other night, I don't, and I imagine nobody else expects you to post at a certain time every week. We all just appreciate that you give us a story at all.

Steve cool.gif

My sincere thanks to everyone who has posted.

There's some great speculation here! I can't really reply directly to much of it without giving spoilers, but I love reading it. It also lets me know how the story is coming across.

One of the issues I wrestle with is that I often don't know how the characters are coming across. I see them a bit differently at times, due to knowing the entire plot, such as who actually did what, and what the character's core values are. But, in a serial especially, they can come across differently, in ways I didn't predict. The feedback here let's me see the story through other eyes, and that helps me greatly.

So, my sincere thanks.

CJ :)

Isn't anyone going to comment on the possibility that Trevor, in CIRCUMNAVIGATING Grand Bahama Island, has given us the title of the story??!! :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

The other possibility, of course, is that Dirk has a lousy sense of direction and is driving to Miami by heading north, thus circumnavigating via both poles. :ph34r:

BTW, I'm also surprised that there were no comments about the restaurant scene in chapter 9; we both learned a lot and, shall we say, saw a lot. :devil: :devil:

I still don't understand why some people are insisting that Dirk is gay... there's been no indication of that.

I agree with you 100%. My whole Jim is the gay secret lover/lawyer was tongue in cheek :/ .

I think if Trevor did admit to his Dad that he was gay, I would believe that Dirk would all of sudden realize what a dork he has been with his temper, and maybe see why Trevor is acting the way he is. Once again, only Trevor can correct the major communication problem.

It's true that we really don't know if Dirk is gay, but my guess is that he is. There is certainly something peculiar about his actions, especially the frequent trips to somewhere other than Miami.

Father and son have a communication problem. How rare is that? Trevor is reluctant to come out to his dad because of the reaction he seems to be getting. But that reaction may be Dirk's way of avoiding a discussion he is very uncomfortable with due to his own sexuality. He may even fear that Trevor suspects that he (Dirk) is gay.

Chapter 10 can't be too soon for me.

I saw no restaurant in Chapter 9. I saw Jim and Dirk at a table, I saw Joel and Lisa out in the water, Trevor and Joel snorkelling and diving, Julie saying her goodbyes, but no restaurant scene...

Is the Goat confused, perchance? Or did I just scan through again way too quickly to make sure I wasn't going senile???

Linxe

I saw no restaurant in Chapter 9. I saw Jim and Dirk at a table, I saw Joel and Lisa out in the water, Trevor and Joel snorkelling and diving, Julie saying her goodbyes, but no restaurant scene...

Is the Goat confused, perchance? Or did I just scan through again way too quickly to make sure I wasn't going senile???

Linxe

:blink: :blink: :blink: :blink: Uhoh.

Ummm, can we please, please, please forget I mentioned any restaurant? Ummm, let's call it a table instead! Yeah, that would work, wouldn't it???

I, ummm, Kind of got ever so slightly confused, and, um, shall we say, confused 9 with 10. It's so easy to do... goats, after all, don't have fingers on which to count.

Let's all be very, very quiet... what the Echidna does not know, won';t hurt me.... Shhhh..... :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

• Site Administrator

Quiet? Shhhh? Not gonna happen laugh.gif

Actually, this kinda of makes you a little more human like the rest of us innocent.gif . I mean, here you are, a Supergoat that writes (that in itself is amazing) with a couple of hoofs and puts out multi chapter stories on a weekly basis. On top of that (I wonder if he uses any paper and then eats the drafts or is it all electronic?) this Supergoat travels extensively by car, train, plane, and boat. I we know that he isn't sedated and thrown in a crate (though I'm sure with his constant bleating, it might be a better idea).

Don't worry about it CJ, it wasn't like you gave away the story. It will be that we will all be actually anxiously awaiting the next chapter. What will happen in this restaurant?

Oh wait, I just noticed next chapter is named Launch, I'm sure it is a typo and really should be called Lunch laugh.gif

No sweat goat, your only part human blink.gif .

Steve

Quiet? Shhhh? Not gonna happen laugh.gif

Actually, this kinda of makes you a little more human like the rest of us innocent.gif . I mean, here you are, a Supergoat that writes (that in itself is amazing) with a couple of hoofs and puts out multi chapter stories on a weekly basis. On top of that (I wonder if he uses any paper and then eats the drafts or is it all electronic?) this Supergoat travels extensively by car, train, plane, and boat. I we know that he isn't sedated and thrown in a crate (though I'm sure with his constant bleating, it might be a better idea).

Bleating? Me? Only when i am accused of a cliffhanger. :P

Sorry, no paper is used, thus depriving me of a snack. :sheep:

And aww shucks... I'm just an average cliff-avoiding ruminant. :ph34r:

Don't worry about it CJ, it wasn't like you gave away the story. It will be that we will all be actually anxiously awaiting the next chapter. What will happen in this restaurant?

Oh wait, I just noticed next chapter is named Launch, I'm sure it is a typo and really should be called Lunch laugh.gif

No sweat goat, your only part human blink.gif .

Steve

Thanks, but if the Echidna finds out, I'll also be part pincushion, and those spines of his are SHARP! :unsure:

Umm, I didn't mean restaurant, it was I typo.... I meant Aardvark. 0:) 0:) :ph34r:

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..