I went to read your poem, but I got nothing. I think there may be something wrong with your link.

Thanks for bringing that to my attention, Greg. Please try again; I have changed the link.

I'm having another problem with the poem not being listed in the drop down box or table of contents and have requested assistance from Joe Smith.

Thanks to Joe Smith for getting the new poem, Dystopia, up and available for everyone to read. I wasn't aware that there is an administration validation required before an e-fiction work could be read, so I jumped the gun with my announcement. I believe validation is a one time requirement per author.

You may now read it at https://www.gayauthors.org/efiction/viewstory.php?sid=1329&chapter=6.

Please make any comments you wish in this forum. Thanks.

Edited by MikeL

I especially liked the opening stanza:

We, too, have a dream,

at odds with others' schemes.

A hope for our own esteem,

yet not unlike others' dreams.

Very evocative, and I like the subject matter. This reminds me also of the anti-miscegenation laws and the battle against them.

This poem also, IMHO, touches on one of the saddest ironies of our times; many of those who battled for civil rights (and the overturning of anti-miscegenation laws) or who were the benefactors of the achieved changes, now strive to deny those selfsame rights to others.

Well done, Your Amphibiousness.

I love this poem Mr Mikel. If we did more reaching out and less pushing away, we would do better? I hate how the same kinda stuff happens within gay society itself too not just outside. I think the less we put ourselves and our fears first, the more we can learn and understand about others.

I would love to see a more personal version of this poem by you coz I wanna know more bout you as a person, not just you as a poet.

Love from Joey~