Archie Comics

Wow, I used to read Archie comics. :wub:

Veronica seems to have a crush on this new character. I'm guessing she's not gonna be too happy when she finds out, especially since she's used to getting what she wants...lol.

Yep, the storyline is that she crushes on him then he finally caves and tells Jughead that he's gay. Then he blows Jughead. Maybe that last part isn't in the comic strip. It should be.tongue.gif

mmm I only read Archie when it was still 12 cents ... It never enter my mind to figure who's gay

so really Jughead??? Not Archie??

or the characters that never has a steady girlfriend for 50 years

isn't archie going to be jealous with a new beu

No ones questions Regie??

mmm I only read Archie when it was still 12 cents ... It never enter my mind to figure who's gay

so really Jughead??? Not Archie??

or the characters that never has a steady girlfriend for 50 years

isn't archie going to be jealous with a new beu

No ones questions Regie??

How could you not know? You're the one who started the thread! :P

It's a new character named Kevin Keller. He's gay but I don't think that Jughead is. I wish it had been Reggie though. :wub: (Yeah, I know he's a jerk. I'm weird like that)

• Site Administrator

Heard the publisher of Archie Comic's on the radio the other day discussing it.

Another possibility that was mentioned by the shows host to make things interesting would have been Midge being lesbian and Moose finding out :P .

The publisher did say they chose a new character rather than any existing characters because they didn't want to possibly upset any readers that were fans of the existing characters. Makes sense. They also believe that it was time that they reflected the realities of the modern society makeup.

I find that interesting since the comic still lacks (has minimal) visible minorities and such. But then again, it is a comic book :D

How could you not know? You're the one who started the thread! :P

It's a new character named Kevin Keller. He's gay but I don't think that Jughead is. I wish it had been Reggie though. :wub: (Yeah, I know he's a jerk. I'm weird like that)

I figure Jughead just being a good guy to a gay guy plus he just got told ... no idea of the reaction ... but its great to string veronica ... but ... I hate to be around her when she gets piss.

I find that interesting since the comic still lacks (has minimal) visible minorities and such. But then again, it is a comic book :D

maybe its visible on those 9.99 comic books rather than the newspaper serials

Heard the publisher of Archie Comic's on the radio the other day discussing it.

Another possibility that was mentioned by the shows host to make things interesting would have been Midge being lesbian and Moose finding out :P .

The publisher did say they chose a new character rather than any existing characters because they didn't want to possibly upset any readers that were fans of the existing characters. Makes sense. They also believe that it was time that they reflected the realities of the modern society makeup.

If Midge had been a lesbian, Moose probably would have found it hot. :P

I'm really glad the creators value diversity and are trying to represent modern society.

I figure Jughead just being a good guy to a gay guy plus he just got told ... no idea of the reaction ... but its great to string veronica ... but ... I hate to be around her when she gets piss.

Yeah, I'd hate to be around a furious Veronica too. With her temper, guys would wish they were gay! :lol:

Yeah, I'd hate to be around a furious Veronica too. With her temper, guys would wish they were gay! :lol:

funnier if the whole HS turns gay and lesbian ... she get chased and she the only straight one thumbsupsmileyanim.gif waiting for the first straight guy