Abandoned stories

From my point of view the yes/no in efiction as to whether a story is completed or not means whether it has been completely posted or not. I'm not sure if I've got that right or not. ALL of my stories are completed before I start posting for two reasons. First I don't like the pressure of having to write to keep up with posting and two I often go back and change parts of my story as other things come up and need to be tied in. I suppose that this is because I don't plan out my stories in advance. But surely then that means that people who are posting as they go do have a plan for the story and therefore should be able to post through to the end.

I don't know, but I do know that it frustrates me when I get into a story, which I often do, only to then have it abandoned before it's finished.

The more I get into this topic the more it seems that the problem is with our illustrious Hosted Authors. They all have links to their own web pages which I assume (I know, I know) they are responsible for maintaining. The thing is, most of their sites do not tell you whether a story is in progress, finished or ka-put.

The e-fiction page is much better since the stories listed under an author give a synopsis, length, status, etc.

Why can't the Hosted Authors get on board and accommodate their readers wishes and let us know their stories status?