[Adam Phillips] Crosscurrents progress

I have a finished draft of the latest chapter (at my GA website it'll be Chapter 28; at GA Stories, it'll be Chapter 27 [long and boring story. It'll all be made right some day]).

It's in the proofreading stage right now, but it won't be too much longer.

Sorry for the delay.

Adam

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

That's great, Adam. You're really picking up the place. I remember I used to think I'd hit 30 before you finished the story. (That's not a dig, I'm just saying that I figured the story would take you about 15 years to tell because of all the attention you put to detail and weaving the story together.)

• 2 months later...

I wanted to check in with everyone regarding the delay in Crosscurrents.

My house is in disarray. We're having the interior repainted, and new flooring and carpeting put in. The painting is done except for a couple of touch-ups that the guys are doing today. The flooring will be done by Thursday.

In the meantime, all our stuff is in boxes and under plastic sheets. My computer is down and under plastic sheets. And it just hasn't been a convenient place to do any writing. I need quiet and order so that my right brain can roam freely to do its narrative thing.

Beyond that, I've had some tough personal things to deal with lately. One of them has to do with the death of a close friend. Another has to do with the loss (though not death) of a very, very close Internet friend.

I got knocked back by both of those, but oddly enough, more so by the Internet friend.

So bad that I'm going to deal with it by writing y'all another story and posting it. As soon as Crosscurrents is finished. As things look, CC should top out at 34 chapters plus an epilogue.

By next week I should be able to get back to it. Chapter 31 of CC is done in rough draft form. It'll need about three polishes, then it'll be ready to post.

The sequel to CC won't show up right away. Like Dom Luka did with his Log Way series, I'm gonna move on to other stories before I return to Matt and Andy.