Open Club  ·  73 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Circumnavigation 72: Surprises

I agree 100% that Shane has figured out Trevor. Unfortunately it always comes down to the ability of one getting the balls to say 'hey, so I know you like guys, so do I'

I guess we don't know for sure that Shane is gay though. He really hasn't done anything to indicate that he is gay. You think of what he has done so far, teased Trev, comforted him, listened to him, been a friend. These are all things that Joel does and is 100% straight.

It is all part of the Evil Goats Plot :devil:

Also to add to Trevor's confusion is they were looking at all the budgies up in the tree around the same time.

What needs to happen is Trevor needs to say that he knows Shane knows that he is gay and hopes he is okay with it, cause what he needs most right now is a friend. See what Shane has to say to that :)

Yes, Wildone, I agree. It is all part of the Evil Goats Plot

We really need to be kind to him. I seriously believe he is challenged in more than one way. He refers to himself “The King of Typos.” Could this not be his was of disguising his ability to spell correctly.

I wonder sometimes whether he even knows what day of the week it is. Maybe he does not how many days there are in a week. Have you noticed he keeps loosing some Tuesdays, and has to wait until Tuesday comes around again, before he gets back on track?

I am becoming certain he does not have a clue as to which way the wind is blowing. Be kind to him. After all, if we pick on him too much, he might just decide not to finish this story.

Bridget just using junking as an excuse.

Usually ppl trying to undercut the tax collector by reporting a very low price. I think this is when someone might breakout the bluebook value to base taxes on unless the sale price is greater that bluebook

Anyway the other issue is that bridget isn't going to report to the tax collecter is not hand in the signed regis\transfer ... but use Trevor car as to put the cocaine and then leave the car somewhere for the cops to find it.

Joel would not be reporting that he sold the car ... no signed receipt from bridget ... joels finger prints are in the car ... not lisa ... i think ... so again a nice way to transfer the blame with 6000 of drug money.

You're right: Bridget didn't sign it, and Joel didn't fill in the transfer part of the title (No point, if it was going to be junked). All the title has is Trevor's signature (he signed it before Joel left from Cyprus). Joel has no reason to report this sale, because he believes the car will be junked.

IMHO Trevor can be clueless at times, He has been apprehensive, on more than one occasion, about Australian slang, when used by Shane. He appears concerned the slang Shane has uttered, is derogatory toward gays.

In this chapter, Shane point blank accuses him of being distracted by males, wearing Speedos. He does not seem concerned when Shane says: “So you’re budgie spotting, then? And that’s why you fell?”

Immediately prior this statement by Shane, he had summarized Trev’s abuse of Newton’s Law of Gravity. My recollection is they all involved Trevor’s being distracted by Shane.

In Chapter 65 Trevor demonstrates he is aware of the use, by Australians, of the word “Budgies,” when discussing Speedos.

IMHO, the summery I have just written, clearly indicates that Shane has, in fact, finally busted Trevor. If you factor in the actions of the beach run, that is all the proof I require. I might be incorrect, but I do not think so.

Trevor can indeed be a bit clueless at times, BUT, I've been hoping someone would notice that he's been worse in some ways (including that) since arriving in Carnarvon. There's a reason for that... and it's not Shane. I'm not saying that's the case in this particular instance, though. :)

Shane's quip about "Budgie spotting" may be (I can't say for sure, as it might be a spoiler) a double entendre. *IF* it is, then one meaning is literal; Trevor was spotting budgies in the trees. The other way is rather different; Speedos are nicknamed "Budgie Smugglers" in Aussie slang (something Trevor knows). But, "Budgie spotting" wouldn't mean speedos. It would mean, hrmm, how to say this.... the budgie being refereed to in the term "budgie smugglers" is a certain part of the male anatomy. And Shane had been adjusting himself in his shorts when Trevor fell. So, *IF* Shane's comment was a double entendre, he was saying that Trevor was distracted due to spotting (or trying to spot?) that particular part of Shane's anatomy. 0:)

This could be good news if true; it would mean that Shane isn't what Trevor most fears: homophobic. Shane's demeanor when he said it wasn't accusatory, it was in jest. Or, Shane may well have been just referring to the budgies in the trees, so this may mean nothing at all.

I agree 100% that Shane has figured out Trevor. Unfortunately it always comes down to the ability of one getting the balls to say 'hey, so I know you like guys, so do I'

I guess we don't know for sure that Shane is gay though. He really hasn't done anything to indicate that he is gay. You think of what he has done so far, teased Trev, comforted him, listened to him, been a friend. These are all things that Joel does and is 100% straight.

It is all part of the Evil Goats Plot :devil:

Also to add to Trevor's confusion is they were looking at all the budgies up in the tree around the same time.

What needs to happen is Trevor needs to say that he knows Shane knows that he is gay and hopes he is okay with it, cause what he needs most right now is a friend. See what Shane has to say to that :)

There were indeed budgies in the trees. :) There are often lots of them in that area. Here's a photo take a few miles away at Hamlin Pool.

17882498.jpg

If Shane really did intend a double entendre, Trevor might well have missed it. He might know what "Budgie smugglers" means, but he might not catch Shane's usage of "Budgie" in that regard, and plus, as you say, he was distracted by the real budgies (as well as being a bit rattled).

Hrmmm...

Yes, Wildone, I agree. It is all part of the Evil Goats Plot

We really need to be kind to him. I seriously believe he is challenged in more than one way. He refers to himself “The King of Typos.” Could this not be his was of disguising his ability to spell correctly.

I wonder sometimes whether he even knows what day of the week it is. Maybe he does not how many days there are in a week. Have you noticed he keeps loosing some Tuesdays, and has to wait until Tuesday comes around again, before he gets back on track?

I am becoming certain he does not have a clue as to which way the wind is blowing. Be kind to him. After all, if we pick on him too much, he might just decide not to finish this story.

Me? Evil? 0:) 0:)

I do know which way the wind is blowing, but as to which day of the week... we all know that goats cannot count! 0:)

• Like 1

B)...............So the title of the next chapter is 'Double Entendre'? :lol:

Nah, because we don't know if Shane meant it to be a double entendre or not. It may well be just our dirty minds. :lmao:

The next chapter, coming this Tuesday is "Machinations". :)

• Site Moderator

Nah, because we don't know if Shane meant it to be a double entendre or not. It may well be just our dirty minds. :lmao:

The next chapter, coming this Tuesday is "Machinations". :)

Speak for yourself! Pure as the driven snow, me! 0:)

If you notice, he said our so he's including himself by saying that.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..