Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Circumnavigation 72: Surprises

Just a note to add: This wasn't supposed to post until midnight, but I had to do it early; I have to be up early in the morning. :)

B)............. Well am I lucky or not? Nice to get the chapter early (less a week) 0:) Very glad I didn't fall into the trap of the well worn ropes on the harnesses of the parasails being a new trap and danger for Trevor and Shane having a close call with the sharks. Before the run, Trevor yet again exhibits his 'distraction' with Shane, something Shane has finally caught on to and it is clear to me that Shane knows now. He is aware of the effect he has on Trevor, and displays a concern after the collapse in the run by shading him and being somewhat more intrigued with Trevor's well being. As evidenced by the Thanksgiving dinner for Trevor, makes me wonder if it was the Blakes Idea or Shane's. Hummm, Bridget has set up Joel and Lisa with the $6,000 purchase of a no-good car, she wants either Joel's or Lisa's car to be involved in the planting of the drugs.

The interview with Frank should be very discovery here, I hope, Bridget's over generous 'donation' is bound to raise questions which the detective can easily figure out. We have still not figured out any action from Sanchez, nor the reporter here. Dirk and Jim need to sit tight still for almost a month, too much can happen in the ensuing weeks. A nice chapter goat, but I see a few coming up filled with great anguish and perhaps a few cliffhangers!!!

0:)

Its bad they leaked investigator ... now bridget is tip off

This is a short chapter.... we want more!!

I still want to know if Shane will be ok if trev is gay

Before the run, Trevor yet again exhibits his 'distraction' with Shane, something Shane has finally caught on to and it is clear to me that Shane knows now. He is aware of the effect he has on Trevor, and displays a concern after the collapse in the run by shading him and being somewhat more intrigued with Trevor's well being. As evidenced by the Thanksgiving dinner for Trevor, makes me wonder if it was the Blakes Idea or Shane's. Hummm, Bridget has set up Joel and Lisa with the $6,000 purchase of a no-good car, she wants either Joel's or Lisa's car to be involved in the planting of the drugs.

Or, just possibly, by standing between Trevor and the sun, Shane could do all the ogling that he wanted safe in the knowledge that Trev wouldn't be able to see what he was looking at.

I think it's more likely that Bridget wants Joel and Lisa to have a large amount of money that they can't account for - nobody will believe that they got it for a wreck of a car. If someone's already planted the suspicion of drug dealing (or planted evidence of such) then it will more likely be taken to be the result of that.

• Site Moderator

George tainted the money with coke before Bridgett went out with it. Now if a drug sniffing dog hits on it, Joel and Lisa will be detained while their luggage is searched.

I also think that Bridgett is starting to complicate things.

Given what we currently know about Shane and that he doesn't have any friends in the area basically making him lonely, along comes Trevor. Given what we know about Trevor at this point, he's also without his friends. The two guys are fast becoming friends. A true friend will show concern to another as Shane has done here with Trevor.

I can also see signs were Shane will become the Australian version of Joel. Remember how Joel was always screaming sexual harassment? I can see Shane teasing Trevor about his clumsiness. Shane knows what he's doing and doing to Trevor. Remember when they were walking down the street and Shane took off his shirt, Trevor walked into the tree.

With the bright sunlight, Shane would have been able to see thru the material and see Trevor walk into the tree. Since then, he's been doing things to see what happens. I think Shane has figured Trevor out and is having fun with him and at the same time he doesn't want see Trevor get hurt in any way.

Is it too much to hope that Joel and Lisa will mention the improbable sale of Trevor's car for $6K to Henry Wesson, the investigator? One can only hope.

Could the intrepid news reporter skulking around in the Australian background be doing some deep investigating and learning that Trevor is in deep trouble? Would the reporter kill the story and act to help protect Trevor? Maybe Australian reporters aren't as heartless as the American version.

And what about Mike Gonzalez. the police detective. Surely by now pieces of the puzzle are coming together. I can't recall if the bugging device in Bridget's make-out shed is hard-wired or wireless. It would make sense if it were wireless. A good detective would do a spectrum scan to detect various wireless transmissions in the area. If he were familiar with Joel and Lisa voices as he is, he could learn a lot. Planting mis-information for Bridget and George to act on would be very handy.

And a surprise - the questionable package Shane took about the Kookaburra wasn't drugs or a GPS tracker from the bad guys.

Lastly, touring with Shane and Trevor, taking in the sights, marching slowly is causing so much painful anticipation and angst. There is so much going on that we don't know about. The author is keeping us as distant and clueless as Trevor. Arg!

Actually I don't think Bridget thought this part through. Most of us wouldn't carry anywhere near that much cash around especially to foreign countries where you have to declare it. I think that if Joel is smart and doesn't want to get robbed or detained, he'd wire the money through Western Union to a pick up spot near where Trevor is. That way Trevor can get his money and Joel doesn't have to worry about having that much cash on him. Even if Joel can't use Western Union himself I can see him asking his folks for help. He could even have it converted into traveler's checks at any bank that handles it. Most people would have seen the myriad of commercials advertising American Express traveler's checks at that time. If nothing else when he tells his folks he sold the car they most certainly won't let him travel abroad with that type of cash.

They won't tell the PI anything about the sale of the car. Lisa doesn't trust him and therefore Joel doesn't trust him. She completely disregarded Trevor's thought processes about how his dad didn't do it, and Joel went right along. Lisa is blind to the fact that there are very few people who knew Trevor's route and that Bridget is one of them. Now the bad part.... Bridget has a car full of Trevor and Joel's finger prints. She could have it dropped somewhere and hide coke in it so that when the police find it all accounts would point back to Joel. She is evil enough to do something like that.

Edited by glimsong

It was worth the wait! Thanks for another great chapter. The story-line is developing nicely between the two guys with a nice underlying tension. WIth Bridget giving them the money, she must be determined to plant something in Trevor's old car and have the money traced back to some drug deal. She is truly evil! Lets see how you manage to save them all!!

Thanks again for your gift of story....

gj

Excellent chapter!

I think maybe Shane is starting to look at Trevor in a way that makes me wonder if perhaps he's bent just a enough to make things much more interesting for Trevor in future chapters.

Bridget had better watch out if that money is tainted with cocaine. She's under a cloud of suspicion anyway, so when Joel and Lisa can say they got it from her it will create an investigation that will lead to discovering that she has been working with George and eventually Mike Gonzalez will discover that they've been dealing with Sanchez.

Of course, all of this is rampant speculation. Or is it?

Colin B)

I read (or heard, can't remember now) that some huge percentage of American money is tainted with cocaine. People use the notes for the drugs and then the traces get passed from one note to the other.

That said, a couple of senior high school kids are in the prime group for suspicion and Bridget is a model citizen (well, outwardly, at least). Who's going to be believed?

Excellent chapter!

I think maybe Shane is starting to look at Trevor in a way that makes me wonder if perhaps he's bent just a enough to make things much more interesting for Trevor in future chapters.

Bridget had better watch out if that money is tainted with cocaine. She's under a cloud of suspicion anyway, so when Joel and Lisa can say they got it from her it will create an investigation that will lead to discovering that she has been working with George and eventually Mike Gonzalez will discover that they've been dealing with Sanchez.

Colin B)

Hi Colin,

Shane does seem to be getting more touchy feely lately. I think I will make a guesstamation. Somewhere down the road, or it’s equivalent on the high seas, Trevor will have a real bad nightmare. Shane will be awakened, and go to check. He will comfort him. I believe you can figure out the rest of plot.

I disagree with you. Bridget is not under a cloud of suspicion in Mike Gonzales’ eyes. He is damn shure she is dirty. I doubt he realizes she is as crooked as a corkscrew.

I seriously doubt he will learn about the money from Joel and Lisa. Neither one of them would tell him the wrong time, unless it was to screw him up.

I agree, all of this is rampant speculation. Or is it?

Marty

• Site Moderator
Shane does seem to be getting more touchy feely lately. I think I will make a guesstamation. Somewhere down the road, or it’s equivalent on the high seas, Trevor will have a real bad nightmare. Shane will be awakened, and go to check. He will comfort him. I believe you can figure out the rest of plot.

I've told CJ this myself when I've sent chapters back to him. That's why you don't see me comment too much, it's too easy to give something away by accident.

B)............. Well am I lucky or not? Nice to get the chapter early (less a week) 0:) Very glad I didn't fall into the trap of the well worn ropes on the harnesses of the parasails being a new trap and danger for Trevor and Shane having a close call with the sharks. Before the run, Trevor yet again exhibits his 'distraction' with Shane, something Shane has finally caught on to and it is clear to me that Shane knows now. He is aware of the effect he has on Trevor, and displays a concern after the collapse in the run by shading him and being somewhat more intrigued with Trevor's well being. As evidenced by the Thanksgiving dinner for Trevor, makes me wonder if it was the Blakes Idea or Shane's. Hummm, Bridget has set up Joel and Lisa with the $6,000 purchase of a no-good car, she wants either Joel's or Lisa's car to be involved in the planting of the drugs.

The interview with Frank should be very discovery here, I hope, Bridget's over generous 'donation' is bound to raise questions which the detective can easily figure out. We have still not figured out any action from Sanchez, nor the reporter here. Dirk and Jim need to sit tight still for almost a month, too much can happen in the ensuing weeks. A nice chapter goat, but I see a few coming up filled with great anguish and perhaps a few cliffhangers!!!

Cliffhanger??? No worries there; I never use those, so that's the one thing you can be sure you'll never find in one of my stories. A touch os suspense, perhaps, but never a cliffhanger. :ph34r:

Why assume impure motives for Bridget? Maybe just was just being nice? Or maybe she wanted Trevor's car for herself, to drive around in? (maybe she got tired of her Mercedes Benz?)

Its bad they leaked investigator ... now bridget is tip off

This is a short chapter.... we want more!!

I still want to know if Shane will be ok if trev is gay

It could have been far worse... they could have mentioned Carnarvon. :)

The chapter was about 6k words.. so it's not shorter than average, but I agree it felt shorter. I'm not sure why it did though... if anyone has any ideas on why, I'd like to hear them. :)

Or, just possibly, by standing between Trevor and the sun, Shane could do all the ogling that he wanted safe in the knowledge that Trev wouldn't be able to see what he was looking at.

I think it's more likely that Bridget wants Joel and Lisa to have a large amount of money that they can't account for - nobody will believe that they got it for a wreck of a car. If someone's already planted the suspicion of drug dealing (or planted evidence of such) then it will more likely be taken to be the result of that.

Poor Trevor; succumbing to gravity yet again... :wacko:

I liked Shane's cheery remark, when he asked if Trevor was budgie spotting and that's why he fell. :ph34r:

Hrmmm, why does everyone think that Bridget is up to no good with the car purchase? 0:)

Is it too much to hope that Joel and Lisa will mention the improbable sale of Trevor's car for $6K to Henry Wesson, the investigator? One can only hope.

Could the intrepid news reporter skulking around in the Australian background be doing some deep investigating and learning that Trevor is in deep trouble? Would the reporter kill the story and act to help protect Trevor? Maybe Australian reporters aren't as heartless as the American version.

And what about Mike Gonzalez. the police detective. Surely by now pieces of the puzzle are coming together. I can't recall if the bugging device in Bridget's make-out shed is hard-wired or wireless. It would make sense if it were wireless. A good detective would do a spectrum scan to detect various wireless transmissions in the area. If he were familiar with Joel and Lisa voices as he is, he could learn a lot. Planting mis-information for Bridget and George to act on would be very handy.

And a surprise - the questionable package Shane took about the Kookaburra wasn't drugs or a GPS tracker from the bad guys.

Lastly, touring with Shane and Trevor, taking in the sights, marching slowly is causing so much painful anticipation and angst. There is so much going on that we don't know about. The author is keeping us as distant and clueless as Trevor. Arg!

That dinner was a nice surprise for Trevor! :)

Poor Lisa and Joel; if the bugs are found, they lose their make-out spot! Uhoh!!

Actually I don't think Bridget thought this part through. Most of us wouldn't carry anywhere near that much cash around especially to foreign countries where you have to declare it. I think that if Joel is smart and doesn't want to get robbed or detained, he'd wire the money through Western Union to a pick up spot near where Trevor is. That way Trevor can get his money and Joel doesn't have to worry about having that much cash on him. Even if Joel can't use Western Union himself I can see him asking his folks for help. He could even have it converted into traveler's checks at any bank that handles it. Most people would have seen the myriad of commercials advertising American Express traveler's checks at that time. If nothing else when he tells his folks he sold the car they most certainly won't let him travel abroad with that type of cash.

They won't tell the PI anything about the sale of the car. Lisa doesn't trust him and therefore Joel doesn't trust him. She completely disregarded Trevor's thought processes about how his dad didn't do it, and Joel went right along. Lisa is blind to the fact that there are very few people who knew Trevor's route and that Bridget is one of them. Now the bad part.... Bridget has a car full of Trevor and Joel's finger prints. She could have it dropped somewhere and hide coke in it so that when the police find it all accounts would point back to Joel. She is evil enough to do something like that.

They wouldn't need to worry about declaring the cash. As we saw when Trevor arrived, you only need to declare amounts over 10k (Australian equivalent) per person.

Joel now thinks Jim, not Dirk, is the guilty one. :)

Bridget has something else... the title to Trevor's car, signed over to Joel but not Bridget.

It was worth the wait! Thanks for another great chapter. The story-line is developing nicely between the two guys with a nice underlying tension. WIth Bridget giving them the money, she must be determined to plant something in Trevor's old car and have the money traced back to some drug deal. She is truly evil! Lets see how you manage to save them all!!

Thanks again for your gift of story....

gj

Thanks!

For all we know, Bridget might hadve just wanted to be generous and give them a Christmas present, like she said. 0:)

Excellent chapter!

Colin B)

Trevor may indeed have interesting times in coming chapters... but will it be from Shane, or interesting in a different way, from Bridget and Sanchez? :)

I read (or heard, can't remember now) that some huge percentage of American money is tainted with cocaine. People use the notes for the drugs and then the traces get passed from one note to the other.

That said, a couple of senior high school kids are in the prime group for suspicion and Bridget is a model citizen (well, outwardly, at least). Who's going to be believed?

I'm not saying whether this is relevant to the story or not, but Snopes has a good article, and they confirm the cocaine-contamination issue. Around four out of five bills are contaminated.

Hi Colin,

I disagree with you. Bridget is not under a cloud of suspicion in Mike Gonzales’ eyes. He is damn shure she is dirty. I doubt he realizes she is as crooked as a corkscrew.

I seriously doubt he will learn about the money from Joel and Lisa. Neither one of them would tell him the wrong time, unless it was to screw him up.

I agree, all of this is rampant speculation. Or is it?

Marty

What's throwing a monkey wrench in Gonzalez's reasoning is that he thinks Bridget had one motive to kill Trevor; getting his father indicted. He has no way of knowing that she has a second one; the need to stop Trevor from finding Ares.

I've told CJ this myself when I've sent chapters back to him. That's why you don't see me comment too much, it's too easy to give something away by accident.

And if that happens, it gives me an excuse to tease you. :P

is it tuesday yet? *checks clock* *sighs* COME ON I"M READY TO READ MORE

It's not Tuesday, but I do have some good news... Thanks to my team, chapter 73, Machinations, will be posting this coming Tuesday. So, no two-week gap this time. :)

Bridget has something else... the title to Trevor's car, signed over to Joel but not Bridget.

For those of not familiar with US car rules, can you expand that a little? After Bridget handed over the cash, didn't Joel go and get the papers and sign them over to her there and then?

• Like 1

For those of not familiar with US car rules, can you expand that a little? After Bridget handed over the cash, didn't Joel go and get the papers and sign them over to her there and then?

Good point! Heck, it varies from state to state, let alone country to country.

In Florida, the title document (Also called a pink slip) has the owner's name on it. To sell it, the owner has to,

Fill in the “Transfer of Title by Seller” section.

Fill out the odometer reading, sale price, and date.

Seller AND buyer sign the form. (This is proof that the buyer has taken possession)

The buyer takes this to the tax collector’s office (DMV) to get a new title in their own name)

What Trevor did was just sign in the box for his name. Joel would have filled in everything else at point of sale. However, Bridget (if on the level) wouldn't need to hassle with the paperwork just to demolish the car; easier to just go ahead and do it.

Also, as an aside, the sales price is often fudged. For example, if the sales price is $5000, they may well fill it in at $2000 and consider the $3000 what the buyer paid for the air freshener (or whatever else they make up; or more likely, the buyer would just pay with two separate checks, or cash and check) The reason is taxes; in many cases sales taxes apply on cars, and even if not, registration fees are based on value (sales price, in this case).

CJ :)

• Site Administrator

Good point about the money CJ. I remember reading this article which states that 90% of all US bills have trace amounts of cocaine on them. In this case all you americans are criminals :D Heck, I have 25 US in my wallet that might get me arrested at the airport :P

I nearly fell out of my chair with the budgie watching comment. Too funny and too real :)

Actually the whole Shane character is really just a mystery to us. What we have is entirely by speculation. The Blakes like him and trust him, but the whole town of Carovon despises him. We can assume that it is his history followed him there and the Blakes are giving him a second chance, but we don't know the whole story.

The big question is will we find out the whole truth from Shane before they do the nasty, or after in a post colital bliss moment? That is based on the fact that we all know CJ will be having a sex scene in the future between them two, Right? :ranger::2hands:

I think I'm going to have to go back this weekend and re read all the chapters since Trevor arrived in Carnavon. There has to be clues that I missed on the first read through.

Thanks for the chapter CJ :worship:, and you know I don't mind the wait for any of your chapters in reality. It is just fun to tease you too :ph34r:

Good point about the money CJ. I remember reading this article which states that 90% of all US bills have trace amounts of cocaine on them. In this case all you americans are criminals :D Heck, I have 25 US in my wallet that might get me arrested at the airport :P

I'll mention, just for fun :devil: that Canadian bills are cocaine contaminated to almost as high a percentage as US currency. I blame Canada! :P

Actually the whole Shane character is really just a mystery to us. What we have is entirely by speculation. The Blakes like him and trust him, but the whole town of Carovon despises him. We can assume that it is his history followed him there and the Blakes are giving him a second chance, but we don't know the whole story.

Shane is definitely unpopular in Carnarvon, as we saw with the job apps. It's a small town, and he's not just an outsider, but a known thief in their midst. We know little else about him other than what he's said himself. Well, that, and Martin Blake thinks highly of him.

Thanks for the chapter CJ :worship:, and you know I don't mind the wait for any of your chapters in reality. It is just fun to tease you too :ph34r:

I love teasing, so I can hardly complain! :P

I nearly fell out of my chair with the budgie watching comment. Too funny and too real :)

The big question is will we find out the whole truth from Shane before they do the nasty, or after in a post colital bliss moment? That is based on the fact that we all know CJ will be having a sex scene in the future between them two, Right? :ranger::2hands:

I think I'm going to have to go back this weekend and re read all the chapters since Trevor arrived in Carnavon. There has to be clues that I missed on the first read through.

FYI

Check Snopes

http://www.snopes.com/business/money/cocaine.asp

Good point! Heck, it varies from state to state, let alone country to country.

In Florida, the title document (Also called a pink slip) has the owner's name on it. To sell it, the owner has to,

Fill in the “Transfer of Title by Seller” section.

Fill out the odometer reading, sale price, and date.

Seller AND buyer sign the form. (This is proof that the buyer has taken possession)

The buyer takes this to the tax collector’s office (DMV) to get a new title in their own name)

What Trevor did was just sign in the box for his name. Joel would have filled in everything else at point of sale. However, Bridget (if on the level) wouldn't need to hassle with the paperwork just to demolish the car; easier to just go ahead and do it.

Also, as an aside, the sales price is often fudged. For example, if the sales price is $5000, they may well fill it in at $2000 and consider the $3000 what the buyer paid for the air freshener (or whatever else they make up; or more likely, the buyer would just pay with two separate checks, or cash and check) The reason is taxes; in many cases sales taxes apply on cars, and even if not, registration fees are based on value (sales price, in this case).

CJ :)

Bridget just using junking as an excuse.

Usually ppl trying to undercut the tax collector by reporting a very low price. I think this is when someone might breakout the bluebook value to base taxes on unless the sale price is greater that bluebook

Anyway the other issue is that bridget isn't going to report to the tax collecter is not hand in the signed regis\transfer ... but use Trevor car as to put the cocaine and then leave the car somewhere for the cops to find it.

Joel would not be reporting that he sold the car ... no signed receipt from bridget ... joels finger prints are in the car ... not lisa ... i think ... so again a nice way to transfer the blame with 6000 of drug money.

IMHO Trevor can be clueless at times, He has been apprehensive, on more than one occasion, about Australian slang, when used by Shane. He appears concerned the slang Shane has uttered, is derogatory toward gays.

In this chapter, Shane point blank accuses him of being distracted by males, wearing Speedos. He does not seem concerned when Shane says: “So you’re budgie spotting, then? And that’s why you fell?”

Immediately prior this statement by Shane, he had summarized Trev’s abuse of Newton’s Law of Gravity. My recollection is they all involved Trevor’s being distracted by Shane.

In Chapter 65 Trevor demonstrates he is aware of the use, by Australians, of the word “Budgies,” when discussing Speedos.

IMHO, the summery I have just written, clearly indicates that Shane has, in fact, finally busted Trevor. If you factor in the actions of the beach run, that is all the proof I require. I might be incorrect, but I do not think so.

• Site Administrator

IMHO Trevor can be clueless at times, He has been apprehensive, on more than one occasion, about Australian slang, when used by Shane. He appears concerned the slang Shane has uttered, is derogatory toward gays.

In this chapter, Shane point blank accuses him of being distracted by males, wearing Speedos. He does not seem concerned when Shane says: “So you’re budgie spotting, then? And that’s why you fell?”

Immediately prior this statement by Shane, he had summarized Trev’s abuse of Newton’s Law of Gravity. My recollection is they all involved Trevor’s being distracted by Shane.

In Chapter 65 Trevor demonstrates he is aware of the use, by Australians, of the word “Budgies,” when discussing Speedos.

IMHO, the summery I have just written, clearly indicates that Shane has, in fact, finally busted Trevor. If you factor in the actions of the beach run, that is all the proof I require. I might be incorrect, but I do not think so.

I agree 100% that Shane has figured out Trevor. Unfortunately it always comes down to the ability of one getting the balls to say 'hey, so I know you like guys, so do I'

I guess we don't know for sure that Shane is gay though. He really hasn't done anything to indicate that he is gay. You think of what he has done so far, teased Trev, comforted him, listened to him, been a friend. These are all things that Joel does and is 100% straight.

It is all part of the Evil Goats Plot :devil:

Also to add to Trevor's confusion is they were looking at all the budgies up in the tree around the same time.

What needs to happen is Trevor needs to say that he knows Shane knows that he is gay and hopes he is okay with it, cause what he needs most right now is a friend. See what Shane has to say to that :)

Edited by wildone

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..