30 Rock star Tracy Morgan

Tracy Morgan Threatens To Kill His Son If Gay During Homophobic Tirade Onstage

30 Rock star and former SNL alum Tracy Morgan’s June 3rd stand-up routine drove offtrack, and eventually off a cliff when the comedian went on a homophobic tirade while onstage in Nashville, Tennessee. Morgan reportedly attacked President Obama for supporting the LGBT community, called homosexuality a choice, and even threatened to stab his own son to death if he ever came home from school and told his father he was gay.

Full Article

I'd say it was a desperate attempt to try and be relevant again but when the hell was Tracy Morgan relevant? I kinda wonder where CPS is though. Any normal person who said this in public would see his kids taken away faster than he could say "what I really meant was...."

They say there is no such thing as bad press. And I am sure that Tracy Morgans career will experience a bit of an uptick (man I hate that phrase) I suppose when your career is sort of sliding into oblivion, a person has to do whatever it takes to get your name on people tongues. I mean look at how successful Sarah Palin is at doing this. But not only denigrating an entire segment of society, but also exploiting your child just to get some kind of audience reaction shows me that the man needs some professional help.

Tracey who?

That was a lot of peoples reaction I think, I don't even recall hearing about the guy until I read about it in the Advocate. I don't agree with what he did, especially where he talked about stabbing his kid and bullying; that being said though I think a lot of it ahs to do with context and delivery. I've watched Lisa lampanelli several timese and that woman is a genius in the kingdom of insult comics and she frequently *insults* gay people (and everyone else) but her pitch makes it clear that she's joking and usually she follows it up with some sort of comment to further the point that she's joking.

I don't condone what he said, and the comment about is kid shouldn't have been used at all, but I think if he had gone about it a different way that it wouldn't have gone over so badly.

best,

NightOwl

Probably the years of deep frustration at being named "Tracy"

JG :o:P tsk tsk

Context is everything NightOwl, you're right. Still, the man's a pest.

On the other hand ... it's great that he is allowed to say these things. At least he doesn't leave us needing prejudices to work out his intellectual value. He's made it plain for us. Dipstick!