GA Meet up in Vancouver!

Hi all ~ I'm planning a GA Meet Up this Summer in Vancouver. It will be the first weekend of July (Canada day weekend).

So far it looks like we've got 3-4 members attending! If you are interested in meeting up please reply to me, and closer the time I will let you know the location. We'll probably be meeting up for lunch or dinner at a restaurant downtown.

Cheers,

West Coast Dude!

Giving the same broad message I put into the UK thread:

Topic is now pinned (ie - stickied). A meetup is basically just people getting together to put names with faces and meet in person. Simple ideas usually work best - lunch somewhere or a coffee stop. Set the time for about three hours - and if people want to hang around and do more together after, great. Whoever takes the lead in organizing it should ask people to post or private message him if they are interested in attending. I recommend picking a city, date and approximate time, but only giving the exact location to people in private messages just so there aren't unexpected lurkers.

Anyone is free to suggest getting together with other users of GA at any time - but I do want to provide the usual caveats - this is not an officially sanctioned event of GayAuthors and please always use your best judgement and caution in what you reveal to others, especially if you are a minor.

Now - having said that - again - nothing is wrong with planning and having a meeting and from my past experience, they can be a blast. You get to sit and chat with people that you only know from the board, and just relax and enjoy yourself. I've actually been surprised at the good turnout at past official events and that everyone pretty much was fine with pictures from the events being posted to the board afterwards.

Hi all ~ I'm planning a GA Meet Up this Summer in Vancouver. It will be the first weekend of July (Canada day weekend).

So far it looks like we've got 3-4 members attending! If you are interested in meeting up please reply to me, and closer the time I will let you know the location. We'll probably be meeting up for lunch or dinner at a restaurant downtown.

Cheers,

West Coast Dude!

Too bad, I'll be in Vancouver the last week in July, bad timing I guess.

Have fun.

• Like 1

not that I could attend, I'd just like to mention that two weeks in advance is too late for people to book flight tickets and stuff so only people from near surroundings of Vancouver can actually attend...

Maybe you could do a "Second Annual Meet" in Vancouver in 2012? :D I think there would be lots of interest from GA troops in California, all the way up the U.S. coast, and from Western Canada. Think it over.

Hint, hint. 0:)

I don't have the time or the resources to do that. When I came up with doing this, I envisioned it to be a small meet up of local ga members, who live in the area. With only 3 members living in Vancouver/people who have show interest in attending - it doesn't make sense to make a huge deal out of it. You however are welcome to organize a huge event, and make it more of regional west coast thing, if you want it headed in that direction!

So what exactly is the plan here? Is the plan to meet up during Canada Day or the day after? It's a week and a half away so we should probably finalize this if the people who live near still want to meet up.

Andy, last week of July is the Pride festival so maybe you can still meet up with some people and go to the events. If you're still there on the 30th there's a pancake breakfast on Davie. There's also a picnic at Stanley park on the 23rd if you are here by then.

Edited by Ramon

If anyone could kindly donate me $150 so I could take the bus.

And $350 for the plane because there is no way I am going back home on the bus.

Oh no money needed for room and board. I got connections. *coughs*

Edited by Jack Frost

If anyone could kindly donate me $150 so I could take the bus.

And $350 for the plane because there is no way I am going back home on the bus.

Oh no money needed for room and board. I got connections. *coughs*

Well boo boo you better get connected with a flight lol

FYI it doesn't look like I'll be there that weekend anymore considering the price of tickets but it's still possible for late July to mid august

Someone else will need to take over the organization from now on, as I will not be here in mind July. Andy and Princess Duchess will be in town so I suggest all GA Van members rally together and plan a big shin dig for them. I'll be sad to miss it! Y'all have fun. Much love - West

Well boo boo you better get connected with a flight lol

FYI it doesn't look like I'll be there that weekend anymore considering the price of tickets but it's still possible for late July to mid august

It's usually cheaper if you go to Seattle and then take a bus to Vancouver. Canadian airport taxes are ridiculously high... No wonder why it's cheaper for me to go to Florida or Las Vegas than from here to Vancouver.

So what exactly is the plan here? Is the plan to meet up during Canada Day or the day after? It's a week and a half away so we should probably finalize this if the people who live near still want to meet up.

Andy, last week of July is the Pride festival so maybe you can still meet up with some people and go to the events. If you're still there on the 30th there's a pancake breakfast on Davie. There's also a picnic at Stanley park on the 23rd if you are here by then.

Hey Ramon! How's the organizing going? I look forward to hear all about this meet up when I am back in town in August :P I hope there will be some pictures too :P