and when did you last see your father?

Has anyone seen the british film - "And when did you last see your father". It was released in 2007 and stars Colin Firth. Or read the book?

I'll maybe say why this interests me if anybody has. If so, anyone have any reviews?

Edited by Celes

I found out randomly the other day that this film is based on an autobiography by one of my extended family. Very weird :).

And yeah, it's about his relationship with his father - and he writes it after his dad died.

Is it gay-themed?

Sorry, no. Or I don't think so. I was just interested whether anyone here had seen it.

They guy is married (I think) and has a daughter. I really should know more about my own family :)

Never heard of the book or movie.

As to the question, the last time I saw my father was April 22, 1963. I was sitting on the passenger side of the front seat of our station wagon with dad driving when we were hit by a pick-up truck. I lived, dad died. He was 42. I was 15. It was one of the defining moments of my life.

• 2 months later...

What did you think of the book?

LOL sorry, hella late reply.. But, the book was really good, but I wasnt old enough to understand it... But now rereading it I understand it now

I was disappointed when I read this thread. I thought it would be about other people like me, who had strained relationships with their father’s too. :(

I found out randomly the other day that this film is based on an autobiography by one of my extended family. Very weird Posted Image.

And yeah, it's about his relationship with his father - and he writes it after his dad died.

That's cool the book and movie are about your family member. (haven't read or watched it)

Never heard of the book or movie.

As to the question, the last time I saw my father was April 22, 1963. I was sitting on the passenger side of the front seat of our station wagon with dad driving when we were hit by a pick-up truck. I lived, dad died. He was 42. I was 15. It was one of the defining moments of my life.

So sorry to hear about your dad, Dave. That must have been really hard on you and your family.