Two guys try to decide if their roommate is a hipster, or a bro. Because you can't be both.

Hee. I got a kick out of this because bros(not necessarily frat bros but preppy guys) and hipsters were the dominant types at University of Delaware. I gotta admit my ideal guy would be a cross between a bro and a hipster.

• Like 2

And Method...you're 26. This whole "omg check this out sh*t sorority girls say, bros vs hipsters, funny bro video again, sh*t RAs do, bro, sh*t freshmen say, bro, yeah I went to a party school, UD was blah blah, UD is blah blah, UD, UD, UD" is kinda like -_____________-

You still wearing puka shell necklaces, abercrombie shirts and cargo shorts? ;)

Edited by Y_B

And Method...you're 26. This whole "omg check this out sh*t sorority girls say, bros vs hipsters, funny bro video again, sh*t RAs do, bro, sh*t freshmen say, bro, yeah I went to a party school, UD was blah blah, UD is blah blah, UD, UD, UD" is kinda like -_____________-

You still wearing puka shell necklaces, abercrombie shirts and cargo shorts? Posted Image

Dude, I wore AMERICAN EAGLE shirts, not Abercrombie. I didn't believe in wearing Abercrombie. And my puka shell necklace is broken, plus I haven't rocked that look on a regular basis since about 2006.

I get what you're saying, and trust me- my days of the college rager are generally over and I'm not some guy who goes around trying to hit up college parties of people I don't know. The past two years of my life, I didn't hit one single IUP party- my partying was strictly limited to bars and at house parties with people in their 20's and 30's.

Here's the thing, though- I was in college for seven years- undergrad for 5, grad for 2. For my two years of grad school, I lived on campus, and I was active in residence life within the Residence Hall Council. If you think R.A.'s treat grad students any differently than they do undergrad, guess again. College life is not a hazy memory for me- it was life until a month ago.

Finally, bros and hipsters are not confined to college life. It gets modified somewhat, but trust me- you still meet plenty of people over the age of 24 who still very much fit into that mold.

Edited by methodwriter85

That's cool

I can count the number of parties I been to as an undergrad with my phalanges. I don't party unless it's going to be big. House parties with 80 people are for high school kids and community colleges. Unless there's a concert involved with unlimited liquor/beer, crawfish, an energy drink sponsorship and hundreds of hot guys in neon tank tops, it's a waste of time. Formals and backyard cookouts are not parties.

That's cool

Unless there's a concert involved with unlimited liquor/beer, crawfish, an energy drink sponsorship and hundreds of hot guys in neon tank tops, it's a waste of time.

*clears throat* How come you never invited me?!?! Posted Image

*clears throat* How come you never invited me?!?! Posted Image

Always have. but you keep playing the hot n cold game Posted Image

If you like sammy adams, you missed out....shoulda, coulda, didn't Posted Image

Edited by Y_B

Always have. but you keep playing the hot n cold game Posted Image

If you like sammy adams, you missed out....shoulda, coulda, didn't Posted Image

Thing is, I have about 4-5 neon-colored tanks exactly like those worn by just about everyone in the video. I woulda fit right in. :/

Shit, Shoulda gone to your parties Posted Image

All I remember was Beer Pong, Kings, Beer Pong, Hooka, and then it gets messy.

I remember when CP (Campus Police) tried to break a few parties up that I was at, including one particular party that was held in my dorm/apartment, which was kind of funny and crazy. We had one guy, who had been written up twice already (Both times intoxicated and disturbing the peace, once in just his underwear Posted Image ), our campus had a three strike policy and he'd get probation, so we had to hide him from Campus police, when they were taking all our Student ID's down (They never actually report anything, unless you were really trashed and stuff, it was just to scare off freshman.). Well, the two strikes guy got spooked and escaped out of the window, lucky we were on the second floor and facing some grass. The CP's didn't see him jump out and no one thought he'd go that far. Then, when Campus police left, the party started up again in another hour and he came back, lol!

Now that's a total Bro Posted Image

Edited by W_L

I have this sorta aversion to house parties. I think back to 10th grade when kids would throw them when their parents are gone and it'll be the most badass thing because it's rebellious and alcohol at 16 years old is a fun idea even though I didn't drink before 18...but when you're old enough to actually party, it's a claustrophobic mess of suck. Small get togethers of 20-30 people having fun is a good time...UT Roundup is a good time...anything in between is a half eaten entree served up lukewarm.

A couple friends and I got invited down to Texas State U one time for a "party"...it's like an hr drive...and we went, mainly cuz it was hosted by someone one of my friends went to high school with and they been wanting to reconnect for a while...well we got there...and it was a fun time. But in "cute" way and I expected that, cuz it's TX State, they're like a zoo for HS drop outs living off of dirt and ramen. The whole thing was just like......-_____________- interesting......small house, beer pong, beer pong, an ipod playing on a stereo, more beer pong, Kings and it was byob but we bought like 3 bottles. my buddy and I managed to become undefeated beer pong champs that night, which I seriously have no idea how it coulda happened cuz I played beer pong prolly like 4 times my entire life but I guess little pingpong balls run in my veins or something. The people there were all "yeaaaa I like it here and it's like nice and all that and like yeahhh im like loving this place right now yeahhh...what was ur name again?" You either had to sit there like a douche or drink yourself into oblivion to avoid having to keep realizing that you're stuck in that place for the next couple of hours.

I was definitely party spoiled. Good thing I'm getting over that stage and age anyways. Most of my neon is put away now, but i'll still wear a tri delt tank out in the park to walk my dog.

Edited by Y_B

Yeah. I came from a school that was somehow a mix of hippie/hipster kids and bros, so our parties were a little less predictable. We had this place that used to be a great place to have parties, Skid Row, but they cracked down on parties there majorly once the school built their precious three-story Barnes and Nobles next door.

Anyway...the guy that pretends to be a hipster...HOT.

I think the definition of hipster sort of evolved over the years.... My brother once accused me of being a hipster (as if that's a bad thing), and I said, "I am not." Because I had no idea what he meant by it. Hipsters were cool, suave people, and I didn't feel I was one. But now after this thread, I finally realized what you youngsters mean by "hipster." No wonder no one will admit they're hipsters, because we don't even know we are one.... It's just a label. Like if someone doesn't like you, they call you an emo... (as if that's a bad thing).

The proper term for the hipster (of modern definition) is beatnik.... A beat is not an elitist, like the modern definition prescribes. More like an outcast really. You know, like James Dean in "Rebel without Cause?" Who was not afraid of being himself. It's interesting how things will sort of lose its original meaning over time..., and leaving only the form.... Kind of like how crossprocessing photos became Instagram.... BTW, emo means emotive hardcore (a type of punk rock).... Has nothing to do with closeted gay bois who call themselves bisexual on Facebook, and wear eyeliners to get girls' attention (allegedly). (I think my sense of humor is too hipster...)

Back in the days, I was just a nerd. Now I am called a hipster. Go figure....

Edited by Ashi