The Living End

Ashi

It's a gay road trip movie. An HIV positive guy met a do no-good drifter (reminds me of Y_B for some reason) and they kind of "eloped" together because Luke (the reckless drifter) kept doing outrageous things like killed several gay-bashing thugs and eventually killed a cop.... Anyways.... Nice movie, though I was actually taking a Y_B break.... A little amoral and irresponsible (the latter is the director's own word) for my taste but it's fun sometimes. Don't know what to think of the ending, which is not bad in a way, because it kept me thinking about Thelma and Louise while watching it, which has a really sad ending..., so I really don't want it to end like that. Young Brad Pitt was actually cute in T&L, and he was speaking in Southern accent....

What do you guys think of it, for those of you who watched it?

Am I in your head?

Anyways I didn't see it, but I've seen The Conrad Boys (atrooocious acting) and it had a similar idea of some random dude getting hooked onto a drifter who crossed his path. It was okkkkayyyyyy....very pg kinda movie and but the drifter dude was a total babe...Nick Bartzen...google him.

Agreed about Nick Bartzen. The Conrad Boys could have been a very good movie if the director/lead actor had someone set him aside and told him that he couldn't act. Seriously- all three of the other lead actors in this- the drifter, the errant father, and the angsty little brother- were all good, natural actors. When the director is the weak acting link, something is wrong. I get that this was his first(and so far only) film, and it was his baby, but come on. He should have looked for a guy that could actually act.

I bet he did think about casting someone to play the part instead of him but when Bartzen signed on, he prolly just went "shit if somebody's gonna be havin a sex scene with this guy, it's gonna be me".

Yes, the guy in Conrad Boy couldn't act.... Project like that is usually very personal, so he probably wanted to do it himself (he is also the writer, btw), but sorry, that's why we have so many bad gay genre movies.... Keep things separate!!! The script does have potential, but he needs some people to help him out on some of the more technical stuff. The movie garnered some interests from what I read, and I can see why (we totally lack of any Asian American gay story that really does speak so earnestly about Asian American experience. I can totally imagine him as my next door neighbor because it's pretty real that way). Though underneath his gentle demeanor, I do think he has some of that Asian parents' tendency to control-freak1 everything showing through while I was watching the movie... (kind of Virgo-ish...). I guess you have to be an Asian American to understand it....

1I know that's not a verb. :P

(we totally lack of any Asian American gay story that really does speak so earnestly about Asian American experience. I can totally imagine him as my next door neighbor because it's pretty real that way).

That guy described only one type of Azn Amerkin "experience", just as I'm sure Precious did not "speak so earnestly" about the entire AA community....maybe she did, I dunno LOL but you know what I mean. I don't remember the movie that well, but didn't he live a f*cked up life cuz his dad was a loser who left and his mom died leaving him with all these responsibilities and a little brother to take care of? woooshhh adolescence fluttered out the window, innocence shattered.....really dude that speaks earnestly of Azns? -___- I don't know anybody like the Conrad guy nor do I relate to him in any way I can think of.

Edited by Y_B

Hmmm.... Interesting. Now, tell me about your childhood. Oh, I am sorry, I didn't notice the time. 8 o'clock next time for another one-hour session?

Just kidding. I think you sensored something out.... Anyways, I almost told you something about myself.... Phew! (*picks up the exploded fried rice on the ground*)

• Like 1

Hmmm.... Interesting. Now, tell me about your childhood. Oh, I am sorry, I didn't notice the time. 8 o'clock next time for another one-hour session?

Hahahah

Do you do punch cards? Like do 10 sessions get 1 session free?