Phyllis Diller

Breeze

R.I.P Phyllis

http://jam.canoe.ca/Television/2012/08/20/20121176.html

For those of us old enough to remember her. She was a pioneer in the comedy field.

Some of her funnier quotes, I think.

- "I once wore a peekaboo blouse. People would peek and then they'd boo."

- "I never made 'Who's Who,' but I'm featured in 'What's That?'"

- "When I told Fang I was going to have my face lifted, he said, 'Who'd steal it?'"

"You know you're old when your walker has an airbag."

- "I was the world's ugliest baby. When I was born, the doctor slapped everybody."

- "I became a stand-up comedienne because I had a sit-down husband."

- "My vanity table is a Black & Decker workbench."

- "The only thing domestic about me is I was born in this country."

- "They say housework can't kill you, but why take the chance?"

- "I have so many liver spots, I ought to come with a side of onions."

- "Think of me as a sex symbol for men who just don't give a damn."

- "The best contraceptive for old people is nudity."

Phyllis was from the old school of comedy. She seen life and found the funny side no matter how bad things were. I remember her in some of the old movies with Bob Hope and the like. As a kid the first time I encounter her was a cartoon for Scooby Doo. She will always be remembered.

Posted Image ................ I too am going to miss her, she was a genuine comedienne. Her flavor of self-depreciation was very funny, and I loved her Fang character, she was truly on of a kind!!

She could be a bright ray of sunshine on a gloomy day. Even her husband, Fang - who was the brunt of a lot of her jokes, had to find her a riot. RIP, Phyllis.

I only vaguely remember her act, but do remember it fondly. Most clearly, I remember when she did a bit where she played piano like a master. Before starting, she sat down at the piano then pulled off one glove quickly first, then started pulling off the other - which was about 12 feet long. Her facial expressions as it kept coming were priceless. Then, she could actually play piano really well - go figure. I hope we get to see a revival of her work.

bp