Gaybies

Menace

Gaybies  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Gonna have gaybies in the future

• Yes
    • No

• 2 weeks later...

Not going to have any more, we are too old. We have a lovely daughter who is in grade school now. I know the term is gaybies "cute" in posts like this but like others my daughter wouldn't stand for the label. And seriously, it is a great delight to us that while everyone is aware of us, our family is not an issue and to date we have only encountered positive receptions. In daycare though one of the little boys told his own dad that our kid has 2 dads and he wanted to have 4 dads! He figured he could have his own personal hockey team. The dad laughed but looked a little shaken.

Maybe I am too young to know these things (19), but.. Yeah, I want kids. With a wife. That's how my image of the future has been like for 18 years.

I came out as bi a few years ago but thought of it more like a fun, experimental thing.

Got a shock this summer when I realized that I'm completely gay. Haha, denial.

Anyway, getting off track here. I want kids, but I don't want to adopt so no kids for me. But as I said, I might be too young to really know.

I'm not really clear on how surrogacy works, but the kid would be mine/my boyfriend's and the woman's, is that right?

If that is how it is then I'm not really convinced. I want my children to be half me and half the one I love. Sucker for love over here, haha! Posted Image

I'm not really clear on how surrogacy works, but the kid would be mine/my boyfriend's and the woman's, is that right?

If that is how it is then I'm not really convinced. I want my children to be half me and half the one I love. Sucker for love over here, haha! Posted Image

A recent high profile example is Elton John and David Furnish in the UK where Elton is the biological dad. At the moment it's not possible to create a human embryo using DNA from both dads, but who knows what future developments will bring. Some US states support surrogacy, others don't. Wiki's a useful kick off point if you want to dig deeper Posted Image

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surrogacy

http://en.wikipedia....laws_by_country

Edit: sorry I assumed you were in the US - my bad Posted Image

Edited by Zombie

I've thought about surrogacy, too.

I had an idea a while back, if I ever met the right guy, I asked my sister if she'd be willing to be a surrogate for me. Or, if he has a sister, I could give her my sperm for surrogacy, too.

We will have real biological and family connections between both of us and the kid, so I don't know it seems like a decent idea. Now, I just have to find the guy.

Edited by W_L
  • Like 1

First off, you need to wait and see how you feel in, say, five or ten years' time. Emotions and circumstances change, and without trying to sound dismissive, 19 is way too young to know what you want. I was 18 when I found my first partner (back when the legal age was 21) and when I lost him in 1982 I was totally unprepared emotionally, and it took me a long time to come to terms with his death. However, I do know that the dreams and aspirations we had in 1976 at the start, and also our joint responsibilities, had already totally changed by the time 1982 came around and we were both involved with the Falklands.

surrogacy is a three-way agreement (Evolution has seen to that) but as mentioned above, do take time to consider every aspect before making a decision - because that one will be totally life changing for you and your partner, regardless - and something which cannot be undone if things don't work out.

If you and he are still willing to go through with it all after spending some time together, then that will be the right time.

• 2 months later...

I would love to become a parent to a child one day.

Whether it's via surrogacy, adoption or raising it together with one of my female friends.

Although most families in Sweden are the traditional ones with a father, mother and child, it's become more and more frequent with families with other setup.