Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Circumnavigation (99+38) Manipulating The Beast

• Site Administrator

Posted Image ................It's okay, Steve we Americans know it takes Canadians a bit longer to respond!! Posted Image

Well it is Thanksgiving long weekend up here, so we are all dreaming of Turkey right now :D

Posted Image I'm a bit embarrassed to say I've been following the story from almost the beginning and haven't made any comments. But I do read faithfully every week and as with all your other stories can't wait to see how this one ends. I thought Scar was bad but Bridget has beaten out just about every "bad/evil" character I have read in years.

Since I do have quite a few ongoing stories that I read I don't always keep up with the feedback. But CJ I will say that I would love to see how this ends and if you write anything else I will follow that also. I have "pimped" out your stories to friends but I'm not sure if they have done any feedback. Posted Image

If you keep writing I'll keep reading.Posted Image

• Like 1

I'm going through the posts in order for my replies (I do read each and every one! Most often several times, I'm just slow on replying).

And I'll share a blunder I just made; I have been replying on and off in a couple of threads today, composting my posts and replying to many, when I cleverly (NOT!) closed the windows I had open to write them in, thereby zapping three different very long posts in this thread and others. Goats and computers are sometimes a bad mix. :)

C.J.,

First let me say how sorry I am for not posting the last few weeks (or maybe couple of months). It was not because I was not reading and enjoying your ability and the entire story. I have told you often enough that I hate to see it end I am enjoying it so much. All I can say is sorry and no excuse of life and things happening is appropriate. Having said that, I will say it again. A great read that deservse mainstream publication in my opinion. Even the title would be good because those of us still standing in the shadow of the closet door would not feel any apprehension about carrying it around in public.

I love the little cameo appearences that you seem to through in for your self (Goat Island) but if I am not mistaken that is a real place in the harbor (not certain but I thought I had heard of it before). I dont particularly like the media whore persona you are developing for Trevor and Shane but I do see how it plays a strong part in the final coming stages. I hope that the guy who supposedly planted the bomb on Atlantis was lying to Gray and I use the police underwater inspection to base that on. You know I get attached to characters and I really hate to see any of the family members (Trevor, Rachel, Dirk, Shane) and for that matter close friends die off so I hope that does not happen. I think you have a way of making this story real without that. I would also like to disagree with an earlier commentor about the story having doldrums. I know there are some small places where the action was not fast paced and lively but that just adds to the whole affect of the story and I for one have not found any particularly boring parts.

Last if I may a shout out to JimCarter. We dont know each other but are apparently brothers under the skin. Go Hogs. Thanks again for sharing with us and please keep us up on the story.

Goat Island is indeed real. I do admit though, when I spotted it while picking a route, I was delighted to see it right where I wanted it. :)

Fear not, nothing was actually planted on Atlantis in THAT chapter. ;-)

Well, Mr James, it's interesting that the name of the latest chapter should be "Manipulating the Beast". Now, I am not now nor have I ever been a beast, but I certainly feel manipulated!

I have been reading Circumnavigation since I found it, near its beginning, and have recommended it to 6 people, that I can think of, and maybe more too. These are people who would never join any gay site, and who take great pains to anonymize their presence on these sites, because they are deep in the closet, for reasons, perhaps not obvious to you.

The job falls to me to write to you, to ask you not to do this, if only in order to stop my 'phone's ringing off the hook. Quotes have been approximately, "You got me into this, now get me out of it."

So please don't be a bully!

That said, I have to also say that this is the longest, best written, but second best story that I have read on the net. I wait on pins and needles for Tuesday to arrive, to get my fix, and I stew another week, if no chapter shows up that week.

You really should consider shopping it around to publish it. I think a much wider audience, who would never know of its existence, would enjoy it.

Anyway, thank you for such a great story!

Joe.

The new chapter is up. :) I've also written more in the last week than the prior month; I'm feeling both delighted and inspired again. :)

Nothing like being stopped on a train with no way to get off short of breaking a -- literal -- window to open a -- figurative -- window to write...

I think it was amusing (and I'm sure will planned) that the dearth of cliffhangers in this chapter was replaced by a number of physical cliffs, although some of them were under water. I do agree with the previous comments wondering how all the threads can be tied off in only 5 chapters. Not that I don't think you can, CJ, but it does kind of boggle the mind as to how.

I also wondered if there will be a big homecoming party in Cairns, but could Rachel & family also show up on Kookabura? In that case, which boat would be traveling back to Florida? I thought about the possibility of both going, but I don't think Rachel could make that trip now. Oh well, we will know in no more than 5 chapters.

Thanks, CJ, for such a superb story. Any hints as to what will be your next saga???

Don't worry about the physical cliffs; they aren't really cliffs, due to being in Australia and thus upside down. Posted Image

BTW, GREAT pick on Cairns...

Next up is probably a fairly short sequel to "For the Love".

I did reply to this chapter but I can't find any sign of it anywhere. Oh well, I loved the chapter, I just wish you'd hurry up and kill Bridget very painfully. Perhaps in her favorite alligator pool?

As you can see, there are a lot of responses to this chapter and I'm sure for every one response there is probably hundreds of people who don't. Doesn't mean they don't enjoy your writing, it just means they might be busy and don't take the time. I am not too busy to take the time, I am just plain lazy...Posted Image I know, rather pathetic of me, but I'll try to do better!

I always love your chapters...always!

Thanks!!!!!

It's been a very long time since I've had such a productive writing week. So far, on track to finish this before my trip. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick note to tell you that I'm enjoying your story. I came across it rather late in the game. I've been reading a couple chapters at a time while I'm on a treadmill at the gym.

You've kept me on the edge of my seat for a lot of those chapters. I can't believe that Joel and Lisa were so stupid as to go looking for Bridget Bellevue. I think maybe you made them a bit too impulsive, but it does setup the story for more to happen.

I'm looking to seeing how it all ends. I hope Bridget gets what's coming to her.

--

Joe

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..