Who misses hockey?

wildone

I have to think that the fact that we've been here and done this once before already, with many of the same personalities involved no less, is a factor in the diminished coverage.

I don't miss hockey at all, because I haven't given it up. Try this: go to a hockey game at either a local college/university, or a junior league game. True, it's not the NHL, but they games can be good. They're also a lot cheaper to go to. And most important of all, your attendance will actually make a difference to those young guys, who often look up at relatively empty stands.

All kidding asides, I concur that it is a good idea to do that and the Predators' appearance at a young game is a fine example. How can we support the success of hockey without the foundations of a grassroots? I concur that I haven't watched a college hockey game or a junior league game in person for like 5 years, and I don't know any colleges/universities who played hockey here in DC or a junior league game too.

Yes, I admit that when I was in Montreal for Spring Break, I always wanted to see a LHJMQ game, but I never got a opportunity to see the future stars play in Montreal. Oh well.

Again, it is a good idea and like Mark Arbour say, it will help encourage and/or inspire the young men to keep going and knowing the support behind them, they can reach the top.

• Like 1

[...]

Yes, I admit that when I was in Montreal for Spring Break, I always wanted to see a LHJMQ game, but I never got a opportunity to see the future stars play in Montreal. Oh well.

[...]

I don't like much university hockey here... LHJMQ is good, but unfortunately, the closest team I have is a 40-60 mins drive away and my fav team (Rimouski Oceanic) is 6 hours away...

That being said, it's actually due to the first lockout, that I started following a little the LHJMQ.

Yeah, I still don't know much about the LMJHQ, but if I have to pick... it would be the newest team - Sherbrooke Phoenix. And also Sherbrooke is the closest team currently to where I live in VT/NH, only 3 1/2 hours way by car.

I just got invited to watch a local team, so I'm gonna go. I hear it a lot of fun. I love hockey but I despise how professional athletes think they deserve more and more pay. It's just a game. I play college football and if I'm lucky enough to be drafted into the NFL, which I seriously doubt, I will be honored just to be able to play the sport I love and get paid for it.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Where did Hockey go? I miss the NHL kind of, because can't really miss watching the Leafs blow for another year. But hockey is still all round me, follow CHL and AHL games regularily. and from time to time catch a KHL game, add the Speglar cup and WJC over the past week or so and hockey is still fine.

If the players wanted to get things on track faster Crosby would be negotiating with teams to go play overseas, nothing would be a bigger slap in the NHL's face than their promoted face playing elsewhere. 

• Like 1