2012 Apoclypse

Celethiel

Since we're about a week away as of Friday from the supposed Mayan End of the World, on the 21 with the Winter Solstice. I was wondering how many believe it will happen, and possibly if they want and aren't going to spoil the stories...

what is going to happen...

Me, myself I don't know if it is or isn't...

but then I am that way with everything...

And I could go on with a dozen things that might happen...

• Like 1

• Site Administrator

The Mayan calendar was different from ours, right? So why would their 'end date' still end up being 12-21-12? Its a bunch of hooey!

The Mayan calendar was different from ours, right? So why would their 'end date' still end up being 12-21-12? Its a bunch of hooey!

because theirs was set to being on the day of the winter solstice...

their calender didn't say 12-21-12 it said something like the 4th cappa so on and so forth.

Does the world end when we go from December 31 to January 1 each year.  It was just a calendar, so when it ends it only means it's time to go out and buy a new one.  Seeing they used large rocks to make their calendars, the Mayans just didn't want to have to go out and buy a new one every year, they made their calendar last a longer time.  Now that it's came to an end, it's just time to get a new one.  End of story.  lol  :lmao:

Edited by Bill W
  • Like 3

I look at it this way, when the whole Y2K thing was supposed to happen and all the computers were supposed to die and the power go out, i was sitting with a bottle of Jack in one hand and my arm around the first person I ever loved. We were sitting on the balcony of the apartment he rented, across the street from the house he grew up in, laughing as his dad streaked 'as in no clothes streaked' across the street to come steal booze. We sat talking about all those special moments we'd spent together in high school, the wild days, the concerts, the friends we'd had and the places we'd gone and all the things we'd seen since then and as the clock counted down we toasted ourselves and our friends, or families and our lives, content with whatever the outcome might be. And minutes ticked and nothing happened and the world went on.

Now here we are 12 years later and another so called end is supposed to come. Well I have a bottle of Tequila in the corner, and my best friend and the second love of my life to share it with and I'll be drinking and reminicing and if the world ends, okay, glad we lived it, and if the world doesn't, then okay, hurray for another day.

So many people have guessed as the the last date of the human calendar. So far, they all been wrong.

We know so little about the Myan's that we don't really know how they came up with their prediction, so it is difficult to judge its merit, but in my opinion, in the days of the Myan's to survive to the 21st century must have seemed ludicrous. I am not convinced they knew the world would end, they just didn't think we'd ever get this far.

Sure, why not party for the last few days, if you think the world is going to come to an end.  The only problem is, the after-party hangover and cleanup are a bitch. 

LOL ROFL

Very true!! but that's the gamble

Sure, why not party for the last few days, if you think the world is going to come to an end.  The only problem is, the after-party hangover and cleanup are a bitch. 

well technically it still is if the world ends too :lol:

lol, the empire strikes back!!

Mayan apocalypse: 'Star Wars temple' in Guatemala prepares for the end of the world

The area is most familiar to cinema-goers as the moon Yavin 4, the rebel base in "Star Wars," and has also attracted film fans seeking to witness the apocalypse where" the force is strong."
According to Ricardo Alejos, the president of Guatemala's Star Wars fan club; "Something big is going to happen. The Maya were an incredibly precise people."
Dec 21, 2012 sees the end of the 13th and final baktun in the 5,125-year Maya Long Calendar and, according to some, the world will end at 11.12am GMT, the time of the summer Solstice. That will be just before sunrise in Tikal. Those in the UK will have time for breakfast.

how many people now have to clean up the "after-party hangover and cleanup are a bitch" lol

we survive another day, now the doomsday preppers are waiting for the economy meltdown

Edited by hh5

Did you know that at the Mayan temples they still hold ceremonies for welcoming the planting season and thanking for the harvesting?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/21/end-of-the-world-2012_n_2344389.html?ir=World

The official crowd count stood at 20,000 as of mid-afternoon, with people continuing to arrive. That surpassed the count on an average day but not as many as have gathered at the ruins during equinoxes.

Ceremonies were being held at different sides of the pyramid, including one led by a music group that belted out American blues and reggae-inspired chants. Others involved yelping and shouting, and drumming and dance, such as one ceremony led by spiritual master Ollin Yolotzin.

Hey, just look at it this way.  At least you weren't foolish enough to spend tons of money preparing for the worst.  I wonder how those people now feel about their doonsday investments?  lol