Open Club  ·  74 members  ·  Free

C James Fan Club

Circumnavigation (99+47) White Hell

B) .............. Why not Grundig? We all know that the goat throws us curves and somebody close to Trevor was giving out information!

We've seen nothing in the story that casts any suspicion on Grundig.  Bridget has enough henchmen without recruiting an obscure, junior customs officer in the tiny town Carnarvon, population 5,283.  Has Bridget ever even heard of Carnarvon?

• Like 1
We've seen nothing in the story that casts any suspicion on Grundig.  Bridget has enough henchmen without recruiting an obscure, junior customs officer in the tiny town Carnarvon, population 5,283.  Has Bridget ever even heard of Carnarvon?

B) ................Aha, but remember, once Gray disappeared Bridget had no contacts in Australia anymore, so maybe Grundig was Gray's informant. In fact Bridget had no contact there until Baskingstoke, who gave Bridget Grays number. With Gray being out of the picture now, Grundig could be safe if he was involved, but somebody in the police was involved in keeping the cartel up to date on the comings and goings of Trevor.

The goat is perfectly capable of throwing curve balls but it's a heck of a coincidence if Grundig is on Bridget's side. Not even Trevor knew he'd be going ashore at Carnarvon after all.

That said, it doesn't seem impossible that the cartel might have an insider in the customs office of a small, remote port where they can ship their product without the scrutiny it might get at a more major harbour.

remember, once Gray disappeared Bridget had no contacts in Australia anymore, so maybe Grundig was Gray's informant. In fact Bridget had no contact there until Baskingstoke, who gave Bridget Grays number. With Gray being out of the picture now, Grundig could be safe if he was involved, but somebody in the police was involved in keeping the cartel up to date on the comings and goings of Trevor.

Or, Gray was Bridget's informant and, when he disappeared so did her contact... And "somebody in the police" is not Gray - he's not in the police.

BUT, I say again, we're dealing with the goat here. On balance, I think Benji's probably right!

Or, Gray was Bridget's informant and, when he disappeared so did her contact... And "somebody in the police" is not Gray - he's not in the police.

BUT, I say again, we're dealing with the goat here. On balance, I think Benji's probably right!

:lol: .........Actually I have to give kudos to where they lie, Wildone was the first one to suggest that Grundig was an informer, way back when I thought Julie was a traitor. So I kept a close tab on anything Grundig had to say, or was narrated of him.

So if Grundig is indeed a villain all accolades should go to Steve!  (Wildone)  :lmao:  After-all the goat always says "Blame Wildone"  :thumbup: 

Edited by Benji
B) ................Aha, but remember, once Gray disappeared Bridget had no contacts in Australia anymore, so maybe Grundig was Gray's informant. In fact Bridget had no contact there until Baskingstoke, who gave Bridget Grays number. With Gray being out of the picture now, Grundig could be safe if he was involved, but somebody in the police was involved in keeping the cartel up to date on the comings and goings of Trevor.

Basingstoke was an underworld assassin :mace: that Bridget was able to hire through contacts in the cartel. It was he who put Bridget in touch with Gray (who by the way was not happy that his contact information was given out) If Grundig was a cartel mole then why didn't Bridget get him to murder Trevor while he was in Carnarvon??? :lmao:  I'm inclined to agree with MikeL here and say that it is just too implausible that an unknown junior customs officer (not policeman) in an obscure small country town on the isolated Western Australian coast could be coincidentally in situ when Trevor makes landfall after his hectic voyage :puke: in the Indian Ocean. I know that there were actually some strange coincidences there eg: His uncle living there etc.... BUT! I think this would be just too many coincidences for it to be believable... :)  Though there has been some drug traffic over the years on the mid west coast it ceratinly hasn't been enough to warrant the underworld having sleeper agents stationed at a place like Carnarvon. I've spent a lot of time there and believe me it's a small place.

Basingstoke was an underworld assassin :mace: that Bridget was able to hire through contacts in the cartel. It was he who put Bridget in touch with Gray (who by the way was not happy that his contact information was given out) If Grundig was a cartel mole then why didn't Bridget get him to murder Trevor while he was in Carnarvon??? :lmao:  I'm inclined to agree with MikeL here and say that it is just too implausible that an unknown junior customs officer (not policeman) in an obscure small country town on the isolated Western Australian coast could be coincidentally in situ when Trevor makes landfall after his hectic voyage :puke: in the Indian Ocean. I know that there were actually some strange coincidences there eg: His uncle living there etc.... BUT! I think this would be just too many coincidences for it to be believable... :)  Though there has been some drug traffic over the years on the mid west coast it ceratinly hasn't been enough to warrant the underworld having sleeper agents stationed at a place like Carnarvon. I've spent a lot of time there and believe me it's a small place.

:o ............But.........but... Wildone said that when Trevor first came across the narrow openings that when Fowler and Grundig apprehended him that they were keeping an eye out for his boat as his passage was used by smugglers of animals and drugs.  Likewise, Grundig was in perfect position to know if the Customs people spotted incoming boats. Remember Grundig was not surprised to find out that  Fowler was Trevor's Uncle. Bad Wildone....Bad Wildone :lol:

B) ..............Echos of War,    I can hardly wait, meanwhile the boys are stuck there until customs allows them to leave, I'm sure after Bridget and Trevor catch up with each other. :rolleyes:  The next phone call will be to Gonzales or Fowler to have the Customs people allow them to get the hell out of there. If Bridget even suspects she knows where they are, with her contacts, they'd be sitting ducks.

Echos of War will be up tonight - within the hour, internet permitting. :)

Don't worry so much about the phone call. Maybe Bridget is just calling Trevor to congratulate him on arriving in Ushuaia in winter?

Who is more resourceful?  Bridget or Trevor?

They are both about evenly matched, though in somewhat different ways. However, both are skilled when to comes to the sea - and Bridget has vastly more resources. :)

CJ, I have been following this story from the beginning, and always look forward to your next post. This one was especially exciting - how you know the details that you write about with the trip through the storm is beyond me. Now, why was the Witch so happy......that is what, of course has me worried. 

The storm as easy, I've been in storms at sea before, though never on a yacht. In fact, I was in a storm at sea (and looking out at it) when I wrote much of that. Also, a huge factor is I have expert advice on yachting from RedA. .

Things are starting to make sense now 0:)

I am a total idiot :(

I read the chapter on my phone as I didn't have access to a computer at the time. Unfortunately as I read about half I started getting the 20% battery left and then 10% and then it died. I thought I had finished the chapter and a lot of things didn't make sense about the phone call :unsure: . I recalled the smile crossing Bridget's face when Xavier mentioned about the phone companies protection of numbers but unfortunately didn't read the last line of the chapter :o

I went back and reread the whole chapter to see what you all were talking about and at the end got the final sentence :o .Now I'm up to speed. That one sentence made the whole chapter into a major cliffhanger. If we will find this as nice and relaxing, I am in a way not looking for the torture I'm about to endure over the next few chapters :(

I noticed above CJ made the comment about Bridget making others do her dirty work to a comment about Grundig being on her side. I will take this now as confirmation I guessed right about Grundig many, many, many, many chapters ago :P

Then again, there is the outside chance Trevor has now choked on his empanadas and is in the hospital and about to be medivac airlifted to the states, hopefully with the tape with him :D

Wildone!!!

Just because your battery quit does not make this a cliffhanger!!!

And, we don't know why Bridget called (and we do know how though) so it's not a cliffhanger.

:P

Benji, just because "the goat throws us curves" doesn't mean Grundig is one of the bad guys.  Have you considered that the goat may also throw screwballs?

:P ..............Of course I have!! The goat is always throwing us screwballs, this is why I think Wildone's prediction may have merit. Grundig could be a very low operative feeding info to the Australian underworld which had access by Blakenstoke and Gray, but not to Bridget as her links are only to those two. Well one and now none, Bridget's friends seem to keep disappearing from view!  :o

So now let's go to another scenario, one the goat has hinted at but but kept quite about. The tape if viewed by anyone would mark those seeing it to death by Bridget's cartel, but what if the other cartels that were victimized saw it?

"The tape Arnold had created was a weapon, though one bearing two edges; the cartel was strong enough that some of it would largely survive a war with its rivals, though all sides in such a war would suffer. The cartel would, perforce, seek the death of anyone with knowledge of the tape’s contents"

And what if Bridget having no real contacts with 'her' cartel in this area of the world and reached out to the other cartel to do a contract on Trevor and Shane. But the leader was a bit leery of the request and needed to know why, and Trevor shows them the tape after being boarded. The leader decides not to honor the contract and instead takes the tape and goes back to his people freeing Trevor and Shane and allowing them to continue their journey.

A cartel war envelopes and Bridget is the cause making her seek safety into the sea, with only revenge on mind for Trevor......

• Site Administrator

Thanks Benji :)

Since I'm still just on the phone, I would have used the arguments you have provided.

One other point, you know how they say every poker player has a 'tell' when they have a good hand.... Look back through the last sixty or so chapters' forums a d point out ANY incidents of CJ even remotely commenting on any of my or Benji's posts about Grundig or anthony elses including Mike's.

Sort of like the absence of any comment of Julie until the chapter where Julie called Bridget from Fiji :P

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..