Psycho prequel, the Bates Motel

W_L

Just saw the trailer and instantly recognized the movie reference and story. I am intrigued that they would try to do Hitchcock on TV, but I hope they pay homage to the original story and show us the story as Norman fall into madness. Of course, most gay guys in the past generations have tried to avoid any links with the classic Psycho character, due to the negative connotations that popular views held about gayness and mental illness.

http://youtu.be/Nkn5aEadrX4

(Also, the actor playing him is sort of cute in the boy next door type of way, I wouldn't mind if he was hiding behind my shower curtain, without drag and knife of course :P )

Anyone else going to catch it?

Nope.

Trashy tripe made by a mediocre production company with no originality feebly attempting to make money by exploiting the creative genius of Alfred Hitchcock.

I have a thing for Max Thieriot because of The House at the End of the Street, so I'll totally watch.

Freddie Highmore was Charlie in Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Edited by methodwriter85

Let me look up Freddie Highmore's birth year...1992, I can lust after him, he's been legal for 2 years :P (Not to mention the sexy british accent)

I'll give the show a chance, even if it doesn't live up to the classic Hitchcock. (Vertigo and North by Northwest are my favorite of his movies, more Vertigo as it deals with ideas I identify more with.)

• Like 1

Ohohoho, cute guys? Do want.

Unfortunately, I don't so much want to watch television. Sitting and watching is boring. Although, the film looks damned scary, and the trailer reasonably exciting. Maybe if a certain huggable entity shows, and I need a justification for said huggling...

• Like 1

Ohohoho, cute guys? Do want.

Unfortunately, I don't so much want to watch television. Sitting and watching is boring. Although, the film looks damned scary, and the trailer reasonably exciting. Maybe if a certain huggable entity shows, and I need a justification for said huggling...

Finn is hat your way of asking me out :P

• Like 1

Idkkk, for some reason highmore has always annoyed me. I just thought a lot of his performances has come across as pretentious, not to mention a lot of the characters he has played were a little bit bratty :/

I like to see him do a french movie rather hearing screaming mother

Let me look up Freddie Highmore's birth year...1992, I can lust after him, he's been legal for 2 years :P (Not to mention the sexy british accent)

I'll give the show a chance, even if it doesn't live up to the classic Hitchcock. (Vertigo and North by Northwest are my favorite of his movies, more Vertigo as it deals with ideas I identify more with.)

Edited by hh5

I don't watch a lot of TV, but this looks as though it might be okay. Then again, it could be stupid. Trailers all look pretty much the same these days.

An interesting fact I learned about Hitchcock recently was the characters in Rope were gay. Everyone probably already knows this, but I'm always behind the times with things like this.

No, this is: would you be my Pup, WL? :P

A Fluffy Puppy would certainly make sitting and watching more bearable.

Well if you are a good boy, I might consider it :D

@Fishie, I agree his early stuff was a bit bratty, I didn't like the new Charlie in the Chocolate factory for good reasons. However, he is a decent actor and he's improved over time.

I read some of the early reviews, according to the reviewers, the show has promise, but it might come off a little too urban for its location.

Well, there goes that possibility. I am a terrible, terrible boy. ;P

The short scene by the river in the trailer reminded me of another movie I saw once... Probably because it looked like the same damned river. Seems like a nice place, to boot.

That wasn't just filler. How dare you even think so.

An interesting fact I learned about Hitchcock recently was the characters in Rope were gay. Everyone probably already knows this, but I'm always behind the times with things like this.

:off:

Going off topic [well this thread's pretty much run out of steam :P ] the two actors Farley Granger and John Dall were gay in real life too. Rope is a pretty dark movie, based on an actual premeditated murder by two very intelligent and wealthy students in the 1920s of a 14 year old boy to commit the "perfect crime" and prove their "superiority". Hitchcock loved making movies about perverted characters.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leopold_and_Loeb

The only other Hitchcock movie I know of with a gay character is Strangers on a Train - again with Farley Granger. He was a hot looking guy who only died in 2011

books-farley-grangerjpg-1e330692073cd032

oh he did well in the charlie n the chocolate factory and finding neverland

its depp that made it more MJ gay ... which is why I prefer the original 

I like someone to explain why he's right for this prequel phyco series?

wouldn't such a series try to "everyday it" make is less than what Hitchcock made it to be

perhaps too early to judge ... wait n see

wasn't it small townish ... urban would be it .. its the 1950s ... there wasn't much of anything

lol, I wonder if many people will appreciate the day of NO techno goodies ( cell phones, tablets, computers, call and talk as much as you want, cable TV)

now I'm reminded All the Presidents Men the 1949 version ... gosh I wonder anyone today would understand those days that people live through?

Well if you are a good boy, I might consider it :D

@Fishie, I agree his early stuff was a bit bratty, I didn't like the new Charlie in the Chocolate factory for good reasons. However, he is a decent actor and he's improved over time.

I read some of the early reviews, according to the reviewers, the show has promise, but it might come off a little too urban for its location.

Edited by hh5

The prequel is actually supposed to take place in present-day, which is just weird, but I'll roll with it. I've got a major crush on Max Thieriot because of House at the End of Street. He kinda looks like a beefy Cam Gigandet, which is nice.

gosh present day ... but in an isolated town ... be like haven

the original ... bw, low tech, the music ... the hitchcock thriller

will a series real match the quality? darkness instead of bw

there was a film with the same name

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bates_Motel_(film)

mmm do you thing freddie is doing a good portrayal of Norman?

lol, maybe your too focused on max

The prequel is actually supposed to take place in present-day, which is just weird, but I'll roll with it. I've got a major crush on Max Thieriot because of House at the End of Street. He kinda looks like a beefy Cam Gigandet, which is nice.

Edited by hh5

anyone watch it?

now we have to watch out for shy teens who lives with their mothers who have evil older brothers

62690_442412829169474_418731108_n.jpg

Edited by hh5

ok sounds like a second season just hope there aren't any copy cats out there 

Freddie Highmore’s ‘Bates Motel’ Breaks A&E Ratings Record

oh here's a Freddie history

Edited by hh5

anyone watch it?

now we have to watch out for shy teens who lives with their mothers who have evil older brothers

62690_442412829169474_418731108_n.jpg

B) .............I'm a bit off on the saga seeing it is set in the future! The Hitchcock moment is lost in the series, his mastery was to engage terror by photometrically and sound. He was hard to match then and now, this saga holds some equal to the madness, but cannot measure up to the genius of the director Hitchcock.

well watch ep2 ... gosh he's like 5 years older than Freddie and yet he still looks like a college kid

baby face is hard to be taken seriously if he's playing a 25yo vs 20

he's got a beard but he's not too much blonde

u got his part pegged well

God, how freakin' hot is Max Thieriot? He does the troubled yet sensitive bad boy deal so incredibly well.