Curious about Postcards

comicfan

Okay as some on this site will attest to I love postcards, both sending and collecting. However the postcards I collect are the ones people send me. I tell them if they go on vacation instead of picking me up a shirt, keychain, or other item send me a postcard from where you are so I can see it.  The picture might just give me the desire to go there myself.

Recently I have been sending out a new type of postcard. That is postcards based on things I like - dragons, unicorns, Scooby Doo, Harry Potter, and so much more.

My question - Does anyone know of any site other than Zazzle.com where you can get such cards without spending and arm and leg for them. I am not after rare cards or ones about my own home area (my friends have had them all trust me). I was just wondering if anyone had come across a site that had some interesting postcards that people might enjoy getting that isn't going to charge you five dollars a postcard.

Ideas?

my grandmother gave me some really really old ones... which I've kept.

actually some become worth quite a bit of money over time...

for instance, one with a ship or ocean liner that don't exist anymore....

or a monument that doesn't exist...

Well most of what I've sent started with picture postcards of spots around Long Island. However, I grew bored with that. I mean how many can you send before people begin to think you are nuts. Then I found Zazzle and began to order cards about things I enjoyed. Superman, Batman, Harry Potter, and Looney Tunes. Just was hoping people might have an idea of other places I could get some interesting postcards from that people might enjoy.

Trust me Jo Ann, people have sent me some letter head and note cards. Going to be using them too. My big thing is I like to have fun and make the people who get my cards ( like you ) smile when they see what I have sent them this time.

Oops, I think I read this wrong. Ummm....yeah you can have your own made, but it's usually hundreds of the same one. Could also look into postcard books? If I come across anywhere to buy individually pretty cheap I'll let you know...

• Like 1