Oh! How unexpected!  :*)  :D

Well, before this puppy goes all Yaoi manga on you, :P

Do You like Fruit Basket, too?

:rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

Edited by W_L

Well, before this puppy goes all Yaoi manga on you, :P

Do You like Fruit Basket, too?

:rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

Oh my god, it's been ages since I watched that! I absolutely loved it. I used to attend anime screenings at my local university every Friday when I was in my teens, I watched that there. :)

Which of the ones I mentioned was your favourite, btw?

Cowboy Bebop was the one I remember best, because it was on Toonami, when I was a kid :D

However, Soul Eater is my fave! I love stories about shinigamis. Let me just say, I am obsessed with death gods

Edited by W_L

I only just discovered Soul Eater. One of my friends showed it to me a couple of weeks ago. I just LOVE Death the Kid! So funny!

Cowboy Bebop is one of the ones I watched back in my teens. I loved it so much! Wanted to marry Spike. :P

Edited by Thorn Wilde

I'm a huge fan of Gungrave, Wolf's Rain, Vampire Hunter D, Saiyuki, Cowboy Bebop and Trinity Blood, along with Peacemaker, Crying Freeman and Gantz. Darkside Blues and X were also really good for movies, as was Ninja Scroll. Some are a bit dark and bloody though.

Oh, I forgot to mention my first great love where anime's concerned, Neon Genesis Evangelion. Giant mecha with a bit of a twist. That was a truly awesome show!

OMG! I love that Anime.

Shinji and the rest of the pilots were so warped and psychologically interesting. It was also sort of weird how they re-interpreted the concepts in religion in the story. Really awesome storylines and characterizations.

However, the Anime that really made my Teenage years was Fulmetal Alchemist. The story was rich, the Elric brothers were cool, and the tragedy so sad. I had to get the movie just so I could finish the series properly.

• Like 1

OMG! I love that Anime.

Shinji and the rest of the pilots were so warped and psychologically interesting. It was also sort of weird how they re-interpreted the concepts in religion in the story. Really awesome storylines and characterizations.

However, the Anime that really made my Teenage years was Fulmetal Alchemist. The story was rich, the Elric brothers were cool, and the tragedy so sad. I had to get the movie just so I could finish the series properly.

I never watched Fulmetal Alchemist. I used to have a real problem watching things that other people gushed over. I was sort of an entertainment-hipster in my teens. :P Other things I avoided because people I knew (people I didn't necessarily respect, mind you) loved them included Naruto, Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Friends. I was a snob.

• Like 2

I never watched Fulmetal Alchemist. I used to have a real problem watching things that other people gushed over. I was sort of an entertainment-hipster in my teens. :P Other things I avoided because people I knew (people I didn't necessarily respect, mind you) loved them included Naruto, Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Friends. I was a snob.

How could you skip Buff, its so 90*s :P

Hmm... I am afraid to ask you about dragonball and sailor moon :P

How could you skip Buff, its so 90*s :P

Hmm... I am afraid to ask you about dragonball and sailor moon :P

Never watched either. :P

I may have skipped Buffy back then, but last summer I decided to watch it and got so hooked I watched all 7 seasons (plus all 5 seasons of Angel) in just over a month, and then proceeded to rewatch it five times more. I get kind of obsessive sometimes...

• Like 1

I can't believe it took more than 25 posts for Full Metail Alchemist to come up.  <_<  That's a classic, guys.

Why no one has mentioned Bleach? :o I'm shocked to my very core.  :,(

:P

I have watched like the first 220 episodes. But it started to get a bit redundant plot-wise. Still, I think it's pretty cool. 

Next anime on my list: Naruto. 

Cheers

Ieshwar

I didn't like Naruto, bleach, full metal, or dragonball z. :3

:o :o :o

*dies out of shock*

:lol:

Seriously, these are very "high profile" anime. I think they might be over-rated. But given their popularity, they are the most easily available ones (unless you look for anime on net and download). 

The discussion in this thread is really great. Might look for some listed here, especially that Soul Eater. 

My friends told me about One Piece and Death Note. Anyone watched those?

Cheers

Ieshwar

Death Note is great.

Animefreak.tv, Kumby.com, and Crunchyroll.com all have tons of different anime that you can watch like you watch youtube videos. No DL'ing required.

Although they don't always have dubs or subs

I love death note and light is my favorite sociopath after hannibal lecter.

As for One piece, it is a sweet anime and manga, but the english dubs ruins the original swearing and explicit sexual innuendo.

Bleach was okay but it had too many fillers. Naruto is the same.

Thorn wilde, read the comics for Angel and Buffy after their series finale, Joss whedon has declared them canon andworked on them.

I love death note and light is my favorite sociopath after hannibal lecter.

As for One piece, it is a sweet anime and manga, but the english dubs ruins the original swearing and explicit sexual innuendo.

Bleach was okay but it had too many fillers. Naruto is the same.

Thorn wilde, read the comics for Angel and Buffy after their series finale, Joss whedon has declared them canon andworked on them.

Waaay ahead of you, friend. I have read all the season 8 and season 9 comics, all the Spike comics (because, Spike, OMG!), most of Angel: After the Fall and Angel & Faith as well. I obsess. I'm a huge nerd. :P

Waaay ahead of you, friend. I have read all the season 8 and season 9 comics, all the Spike comics (because, Spike, OMG!), most of Angel: After the Fall and Angel & Faith as well. I obsess. I'm a huge nerd. :P

Please say you're single and open to gay asian pups :P

Hmm...you ever watched hetalia. It's like the anime version of historia! With countries being aphropromorphized as humans. Fun couple with germany and Italy :P

Hmm...you ever watched hetalia. It's like the anime version of historia! With countries being aphropromorphized as humans. Fun couple with germany and Italy :P

OH MY GOD!!! Hetalia is sooo damn cute. And yaoi!! *dies out of happiness*

I saw your comments and found the idea so interesting. I checked on youtube. Argh! I want moreeeee. I love FrUK. (and yeah, germany+italy are really cute too)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnaS2MiB4gM 

"I will not lay back and let you defile me... "

Omg, I cant stop laughing... 

Extremely flattered, but sadly not single. Will friends do? :P

I have seen some Hetalia, a few years ago, as it was mentioned in a discussion thread for Scandinavia and the World, but I didn't really get into it. Probably should, though, it seems very cute. :)

Sakamichi no Apollon and Dennou Coil are my two favourite animes. 

I couldn't find any good trailers overviews of Dennou Coil on youtube. But it's -THE- best anime I've ever seen of maybe 40 or so series...

Extremely flattered, but sadly not single. Will friends do? :P I have seen some Hetalia, a few years ago, as it was mentioned in a discussion thread for Scandinavia and the World, but I didn't really get into it. Probably should, though, it seems very cute. :)

I am man's best friend so why not? :P

The hetalia manga is interesting too. Most humorous character for me is canada, I think canada is funny for being underrated by everyone. He needs some of confidence or a seme :)

As for classic anime, anyone here remember kenshin. Dark, historical, and interesting.

Edited by W_L

Sakamichi no Apollon and Dennou Coil are my two favourite animes.

I couldn't find any good trailers overviews of Dennou Coil on youtube. But it's -THE- best anime I've ever seen of maybe 40 or so series...

I just read up on Sakamichi no Apollon and, OMG, Yoko Kanno made the music!!! I must, simply must, see this! Thank you!

I am man's best friend so why not? :P

The hetalia manga is interesting too. Most humorous character for me is canada, I think canada is funny for being underrated by everyone. He needs some of confidence or a seme :)

As for classic anime, anyone here remember kenshin. Dark, historical, and interesting.

Yay! Friend! :hug:

I loved the Rurouni Kenshin OVAs, the Samurai X things? Gorgeous animation and, oh my goodness, the music! I used one of the melodies from that thing when we did a 9/11 physical theatre thing for drama class back in secondary school, because it was literally the saddest piece of music I could think of.

Edited by Thorn Wilde