Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgendered Month

No-no and Philip are driving me mad about this.

Lesbian and Gay history month is coming up. And the puppies have decided to push it. Hard. LOL. The idea in general is to get schools to recognise it so they've come up with the following idea. They're going to take historical queers - people of whom it's accepted they were gay, lesbian, bisexual or transgender - and they are going to design postcards for each one with a picture and slogan on one side and a story about that person's historical contribution on the other. So, for example they wanna do Turing for Computer Science. On one side a portrait of Turing and accross it in bright text

The Turing Machine - That's SO gay!

then a short account of Turing's achievement on the back.

Or Charlotte Bach (transgendered ethologist) - picture on one side and the slogan

Charlotte Bach - Transgender? Transformer!

and the story of what she did on the back.

OK, I have decided they are so enthusiastic that I'm swallowing my cynicism. You can't sneer at this pair they just wear you down with enthusiasm. So you lot have to help me out here. We need to get a list of suitable historical queers pretty quick so that we can have them printed by february. I want you all to think of someone who made a difference and was gay and post their name at least here in my blog - if you have some bio detail or a link to some fine, if not the puppies will do the research.

Also useful would be ideas for the slogans - I quite like their that's SO gay idea for the gay cards and Transgender? Transformer for the trans people but so far for lesbians they've only come up with Damn! Dykes! which I don't think will go down well and for bisexuals they're still totally stuck.

So, you're a creative lot. Put your thinking caps on and help get this pair of puppies on a mission off my back!

Just occured to me that we should definitely have Martina Navratilova down there for history of sport.

sumbloke