7 Absolutely True Ways Guys Change from College to Mid-20's

methodwriter85

I thought this was pretty true and funny, at least from what I've observed from my lofty view of age 27. Totally nails the difference between being 22, and being 26.

7 Absolutely True Ways Guys Change from College to Mid-20's

The sleep thing is probably the most true. Also the bit about how 25-year old guys have girlfirends, whereas in college you almost never see that.

For me, personally, the biggest difference from 22-year old Jeremy and 27-year old Jeremy is that I'm a lot less inclined to need to attend to a huge rager to have a lot of fun. I mean, every once in awhile it's fun to dance in a bar, but I lean more towards having a few drinks with a friend in a bar where I can talk to them, not with blaring music.

Anyone else wanna note differences they've seen in themselves or their friends as they moved from their early 20's to mid-20's?

8. Guys in their mid-20's don't go to Cancun, Miami, or anywhere College guys consider "fun" during the middle of Spring :P

8. Guys in their mid-20's don't go to Cancun, Miami, or anywhere College guys consider "fun" during the middle of Spring :P

My idea of Spring Break was never someplace warm and sunny with a beach. I preferred to spend my vacation someplace cold and with snow and big mountains. I don't see that changing into my mid-20's. :P

• Like 1

I dunno, when I went to uni I preferred a quiet night down the pub with good mates, good ale and good conversation. In fact, I've been solving the world's problems with my friends over a glass of wine while listening to mellow rock music since before I was legally old enough to drink. It's only very recently that I've discovered how much fun it can be to go out and dance in a club (but only if the DJ's good). I've always been decent to people, I've always liked staying in watching a movie or reading a book, I've always preferred relationships over casual sex... Maybe I was just born old. I went to university to learn stuff, not to get drunk and sleep with strangers (and I had a boyfriend almost the entire time).

• Like 1

Early college - endless supply of bank of dad money to spend. Mid-20s everyone got a lot more conservative in their spendings with those who have shitty jobs becoming extremely conservative with their spendings

Early college - endless supply of bank of dad money to spend. Mid-20s everyone got a lot more conservative in their spendings with those who have shitty jobs becoming extremely conservative with their spendings

Very true. Unless you're like an accountant or something, which is kind of ironic, if you think about it. Accountants, nurses, and business majors are pretty much the only people I know who got jobs right out of school.

Edited by methodwriter85

not a viking? with a very long sword?

i turned my hubby from a 20 year old townie geek into a 25 year old country boy with facial hair, lumberjack shirt and gun... does that count?

but what about brokerage traders and venture capitalist?

Very true. Unless you're like an accountant or something, which is kind of ironic, if you think about it. Accountants, nurses, and business majors are pretty much the only people I know who got jobs right out of school.

You made me think about this one and I'm actually going to say it's not sectioned by major but who the person was, where they went to school and how they networked. A lot of girls I know with stupid majors still ended up getting jobs like being law firm runners or something in sales. Engineers usually have no prob getting jobs. Just by getting thru the curriculum means they aren't playing around. Business majors are very tricky and it really fell on the person.

And those of us hoping to get into the public/government sector, we either come into a great job market where municipalities and agencies are hiring like crazy…or…we come into a market where they are laying people off left and right and you couldn't get a job if you were the most qualified person on planet Earth. Luckily for me, government hiring is picking up. I just had a friend who graduated last year land a $90k/year job at FEMA, and he's only 22. 

I must have been a slow learner. While I was serious about my career, I also didn't grow up and quit being a party animal till I was 30. But what change when it happened; almost a 180!

Apparently, there's this thing when people don't identify with the social structures of getting a job and having that idealistic setting up until their early or late 30's. It's the whole identity crises that sometimes stretches out to the later 20's. Even a guy who's has a decent job may not be determined in having that career in his future. 

My former partner's best friend was a pot-smoking-jobless-bum who lived out in his parent's house up until he was 31. He wouldn't call himself a smart business type of bloke but all that time bumming around gave him time to do what he wanted -- like smoke weed all day. And then 5 years ago (I think) he started this online shopping site then BAM! 5 years later, he owns 2 houses, 2 condo units, is married and has 2 kids and would be considered settled down. 

And as for this article. 

"A beer and the couch wins." >>> THIS!

The power of a good comfortable couch and a cold beer can offset any longing to shimmy and shammy your way in a crowd of sweaty people who smell like cheap perfume and the undiluted notion of fornicating that very night.