15 hours ago, sandrewn said:

image.jpeg.793e4adb20e0449026df107ff7d6e22a.jpeg

Ogre Faced Spider (Deinopis sp.)

Close up of head of Ogre faced / Net-casting spider {Deinopis sp} showing the huge pair of eyes that enable it to hunt at night. Masoala Peninsula National Park, north east Madagascar.

:cowboy:

Damn, I wouldn't want to wake up in the morning or come home late and find that staring me in the face!  It's a face that only a mother spider could love, sort of like mine.   :ph34r:

Edited by Bill W
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
14 hours ago, sandrewn said:

image.jpeg.cc2e7744174c61dbcc05b8828ec19361.jpeg

:cowboy:(In the 1 in a million chance you missed it, it is "The Itsy Bitsy Spider")

My children and I are all grateful that we didn't have to sing this version of the itsy bitsy spider when we were younger.  

• Haha 2
51 minutes ago, sandrewn said:

image.jpeg.a66f2f7f53c28ab07c68690e79ad9cef.jpeg

Spiders nest on the garage wall

Tiny, tiny, tiny, clutch of tiny spiders. They were there on the side of the garage for a few days, held together by their silk.

Tiny might be ok with one or two spiders, but is I saw this in my own garage I'd only have one thing to say - "Honey, it's time to move.  Start packing." 

• Haha 2
56 minutes ago, sandrewn said:

image.jpeg.23587ca2481023eef54b3439db23ef53.jpeg

Giant Spider Earrings

Spiders. They're not just for creeping you out in dark, dusty corners anymore. Now, thanks to the wonders of fashion innovation, you can sport them as your favorite accessory!

These Giant Spider Earrings will Make Your Halloween Outfit Unforgettable!

Who the hell would want to wear a spider for an earing?  Could you image the legs jiggling around and touching your face and ear all day?  I'd be reaching up and instinctively trying to swat it away or swash it.  

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, sandrewn said:

image.jpeg.62c37a32eeefe7d52b26c3a8410e8126.jpeg

:cowboy:(A worthwhile repeat)

She should go outside when there's a full moon to see if she turns into a werewolf spider.   muhahaha   That should scare them all into remaining quiet.  

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, sandrewn said:

image.jpeg.246cbec91535004795688877e1e4d895.jpeg

???

What the hell is that?  Is it two fuzzy caterpillars making out or having sex?  Is it a fuzzy butterfly?  That's truly weird.  

• Like 2

image.jpeg.42c32e00a375b527c90eeeae4c394f37.jpeg

European Garden Spider

The European Garden Spider (Araneus diadematus), also known as the common garden spider, diadem spider, orangie, cross spider, crowned orb weaver, and sometimes pumpkin spider (although this name is also used for the marbled orb-weaver (Araneus marmoreus)), is a species of orb-weaving spider that lives in Europe and North America.

• Wow 1
4 hours ago, sandrewn said:

European Garden Spider

The European Garden Spider (Araneus diadematus), also known as the common garden spider, diadem spider, orangie, cross spider, crowned orb weaver, and sometimes pumpkin spider (although this name is also used for the marbled orb-weaver (Araneus marmoreus)), is a species of orb-weaving spider that lives in Europe and North America.

For such a common spider, it sure has a lot of aliases.  And, hopefully, it's as harmless as its name sounds. 

• Like 2
4 hours ago, sandrewn said:

European Garden Spider

And if it's a garden spider, shouldn't its coloring be green and black, not brown and black, so it blends in with live plants? 

• Like 2
2 hours ago, sandrewn said:

image.jpeg.af1570a309667b2f9485fdd9613c7ffe.jpeg

My Green Ping Pongs

Wide-Jawed Viciria (Viciria praemandibularis) with her precious eggs Quote en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jumping_… Jumping spiders are generally diurnal,... My Green Ping Pongs.

That certainly is an anorexic looking spider, and I hope no one mistakes her eggs for peas out of the garden.  :D

• Haha 2
27 minutes ago, sandrewn said:

image.jpeg.d3133860105f7953a7b86bac79b2b651.jpeg

image.jpeg.09160c49a1542ad215d6df2a9f60ad54.jpeg

Green lynx spider - Peucetia viridans

The green lynx spider can spit venom nearly 8 inches, but it isn't dangerous to humans.

8 Intriguing Green Lynx Spider Facts

That spider is so well camouflaged that I doubt I would have seen it on a leaf, even if it was right beside me, unless it moved.  That is scary, so I hope it's not poisonous.  

• Like 2