9 hours ago, sandrewn said:

image.jpeg.bd5a77c1a1197310014f31d92276252e.jpeg

:cowboy:

Oh, I appreciate spiders that live outside and keep the insect population under control, if only they'd stay outside and not occasionally bite people, especially the poisonous spiders, then we could live in harmony.  

• Like 3

image.jpeg.bc0c038ae991d6ca413225d3255f155b.jpeg

Spiders produce different types of silk in different glands. Here, we show six types of silk, the name and location of the gland that produces it, and what the spider uses it for.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1
3 hours ago, sandrewn said:

image.jpeg.7410e11aedae752aea67afe7800bee25.jpeg

Bob?  I would have thought spiders would have different names than humans, like Aragog in Harry Potter or Shelob in LOTR.  

• Haha 2

eyJidWNrZXQiOiJjb250ZW50Lmhzd3N0YXRpYy5j

A bite from this brown recluse can leave you with significant scarring from tissue breakdown, but odds are strongly in favor of your survival. You can identify brown recluses by the violin-shaped marking on their abdomens.

• Wow 1
35 minutes ago, sandrewn said:

eyJidWNrZXQiOiJjb250ZW50Lmhzd3N0YXRpYy5j

A bite from this brown recluse can leave you with significant scarring from tissue breakdown, but odds are strongly in favor of your survival. You can identify brown recluses by the violin-shaped marking on their abdomens.

The brown recluse is one of the spiders I worry about that are here in Georgia.  The other is the black widow spider.  

• Wow 2
53 minutes ago, Page Scrawler said:

If you have severe arachnophobia, best avoid watching this movie trailer.  :unsure:

Hide contents

Oh, that looks interesting and I can wait to see it.  

• Haha 4
3 hours ago, sandrewn said:

image.jpeg.f5337811acec2509f9478a9bc98e4b46.jpeg

Australian Returns Home From Vacation With Spider in Stomach

Dylan Maxwell was on vacation on the Indonesian island of Bali when the tiny creature burrowed through a small appendix scar and traveled up his torso.

Australian Returns Home From Vacation With Spider in Stomach

I keep telling you those Australian spiders and snakes are terrible, so you should stay away from there!  But this guy had to go on vacation to Indonesia for this to happen.  Damn, I'm sure he could have gotten a spider at home to do the same thing.  

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, TalonRider said:

Looks like a possible case of date rape about to happen. 

Hmmm... date rape followed by cannibalism - the Hannibal Lecter special on the menu.  

• Haha 3
1 hour ago, sandrewn said:

image.jpeg.03579757791b37d08e4678fd1b3b59ab.jpeg

Do they most closely resemble the groves on a record, the strings of a harp, or the wires inside a concert grand piano?  I wonder what tune they play?  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1