Spider “advice” thread from another forum…

Dynamite Ringo Matsuri

I'm usually cool with insects and creepy crawlies until I saw this motherf*#ker. Crazy thing is I was just down here cleaning up, picking up odds and ends. So I pick up this air filter and set it on a shelf, not particularly paying it any attention til I walk by and notice it's got legs hanging off the edge. At this point, I'm thinking it's a squashed camel cricket til I flip the filter over to see what looks like a miniature tarantula. WTF man. What is this thing, how did it get in here and how many more are there :/ 

spacer.png

Magwik

Board up the basement, cut a hole in the door and funnel cement through it.

Pat

It's time to leave.

doctorblurg

Time to burn the house down

Red Chocobo

You're already dead…

spacer.png

:o :lol: :gikkle:

• Wow 3
52 minutes ago, sandrewn said:

image.jpeg.a7b88892938fc4e978405b1498126d1d.jpeg

Bolas spider – spiderbytes

(Mastophora chrysonoma) & 2 males Note size difference - (easier for her to eat !)

:cowboy:

What are those brown blob, or the one on the lower section, 😰that looks like someone took a crap on a large piece of cotton.  😯  😲

• Haha 2
  • Wow 1

ii

8 hours ago, Bill W said:

What are those brown blob, or the one on the lower section, 😰that looks like someone took a crap on a large piece of cotton.  😯  😲

ii

@Bill W

If you click on: Bolas spider – spiderbytes

and read/scroll through the article, any and all your questions will be answered.

Regards,

sandrewn

• Like 2
6 hours ago, sandrewn said:

ii

ii

@Bill W

If you click on: Bolas spider – spiderbytes

and read/scroll through the article, any and all your questions will be answered.

Regards,

sandrewn

Sorry, I should have done that in the first place, but I was just making a silly comment.  

• Like 2
40 minutes ago, sandrewn said:

image.jpeg.bcffeb10ea501cbada3014939b7e65e4.jpeg

image.jpeg.8e1fe391ee813635fe4a5458ef740b8a.jpeg

image.jpeg.69f7863bf9c8613f8585a59a38842927.jpeg

Very attractive spider in the first photo.  A tiger spider, with those stripes, or a zebra spider with the black and white coloring? 

I see too many legs and that makes me nervous, so I hope those round ball-like objects aren't more eggs to hatch. 

• Like 1
  • Fingers Crossed 1
19 minutes ago, sandrewn said:

image.jpeg.3ad343cad9e3371a3e5574800d52adcb.jpeg

“A Venus flytrap consumes a spider.”

Yeah for the Venus flytrap, although I hope it didn't get indigestion because it wasn't a fly.

• Haha 3
27 minutes ago, sandrewn said:

image.jpeg.f07a98d76f45260c4c9c27286869d2ef.jpeg

Neosadocus maximus (Gonyleptinae)

ii

Mandrill-devilish looking underside of a harvestman from the brazilian atlantic forest / parte de baixo de um opilião de mata atlântica

:cowboy:(truly the stuff of nightmares)

What big eyes you have on your ass - I mean abdomen," observed Little Red Riding Hood when she met the Neosadocus maximus spider. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, sandrewn said:

image.jpeg.bcd965af2e7b0b12bf97643ac6f4c3cf.jpeg

image.jpeg.dfc6d1f0b0b82c76efbd30ca1cf9749c.jpeg

????

I think the cartoon is funny, but I'm not sure what to think of the bottom image.  My best guess is a stomach and intestine, although I'm not sure what the top has half of the image has to do with it.  

• Like 2
12 hours ago, Bill W said:

I think the cartoon is funny, but I'm not sure what to think of the bottom image.  My best guess is a stomach and intestine, although I'm not sure what the top has half of the image has to do with it.  

Looking at the top half of the bottom image in the daytime, it appears as if the stomach portion is made up of a grilled cheese sandwich and there is a hot dog, lunchmeat (or a taco), French fries, and celery waiting to enter the stomach, but even though I know what the articles are, it's still very weird, although it might be the statement "you are what you eat."  ???? 

Edited by Bill W
  • Like 1
  • Wow 1
29 minutes ago, sandrewn said:

image.jpeg.d0ad57b709791a646d897b8400f2fb3a.jpeg

I certainly hope their house has more than one bathroom then, unless she has a life-time supply of Depends.  

• Haha 3