Research Using Google

rustle

love how the keyboard shortcuts are for mac's because "70% of students use macs" - i wonder where they are getting their data from. the business world will never run on mac's. PC's all the way.

useful article rustle. i have been getting google to do conversions since i found out it could. ahh...

• Site Administrator

I like bing, myself, but tips and tricks for searching are always useful. The biggest thing to remember is that just because it shows up on google doesn't mean it is a reputable resource. Internet info is always a good start though. I'm still a big advocate of the library, myself.

I like bing, myself, but tips and tricks for searching are always useful. The biggest thing to remember is that just because it shows up on google doesn't mean it is a reputable resource. Internet info is always a good start though. I'm still a big advocate of the library, myself.

Hey, even the bible ain't gospel in my book.

The biggest thing to remember is that just because it shows up on google doesn't mean it is a reputable resource. Internet info is always a good start though. I'm still a big advocate of the library, myself.

The Internet is full of reliable sources provided one knows how to look for them and exercises a certain amount of source critique, something that sadly doesn't seem to be taught in schools anymore... If you read it on the website of a major news source, it's probably good fish, but maybe not so much if you got it off Billy-Bob's Blog. Wikipedia is often a good place to start, but make sure to always check the sources cited in the article, and click the links if you want more in depth info. 

It's ridiculous how many stories floating about the web can be disproven with a quick google search. Unfortunately, people will believe anything. It's sad, really.

• Site Administrator

Hey, even the bible ain't gospel in my book.

LOL... *cough* but let us not devolve into any discussion on the validity of any religious texts in the forums. *cough* ;)

• Like 1