Mission Statement

Howdy everybody!

This is my very first hosted messageboard here, and I certainly hope many of you guys will stop in whenever you get a chance! I'd love to have ya!

My name is Comicality, a lot of you guys may have read my stories before on Nifty or on my site, but for those who have no idea who I am, I'm one of the hosted authors on this server. I hope you'll stop by my website sometime and check it out.

So....why this forum? Why another one? Basically, it's been an idea of mine for a long time, and I've never really gone through with it until now. What I wanted was a board for authors and readers alike to come together and discuss what it's like to create a story from beginning to end. What goes into it, what comes out of it, and everything in between. I want as many authors out there as possible to come in and talk about their work and how they put it all together. I'll be posting topics on different aspects of writing every week, and I'd love for us all to just talk openly and learn from one another. There's plenty of tricks of the trade that I don't know, and I'd love to learn a lot more.

I'll be by to give my own thoughts also, and if anyone has any questions at all, feel free to ask. Also, make sure to tell your friends, and any of your favorite authors out there, to stop on in and put in their two cents. I've seen TONS of really good stories out there by extremely talented authors. I've also heard from a lot of readers who would love to do their own stuff, but don't know where to begin. We can kill two birds with one stone by simply bringing the two sides together. Lots of teachers, lots of students, and there's no limit to the ideas that can be shared between us!

So why don't we just start off with a roll call! Everybody just reply to this post, and tell us a little something about yourself. And if you're an author, let us know what stories you're writing and where to find them. Cool?

Enjoy folks! It looks like we're open for business! :)

Seezya!

Roll call!!!

I'm Comicality! I'm 28 years old and live in Chicago. I've been writing online for five and a half years now, and you can find a lot of my stuff at Nifty or my website at http://comicality.gayauthors.org

Some of my stories are "New Kid In School", "My Only Escape", "On The Outside", "A Class By Himself", "Gone From Daylight", and many many more! Stop by and let me know what ya think! :)

• Site Administrator

I'm Myr! I'm 26 years old and live in Northern NY. I've been writing online for two years now. I'm all sorts of things, including the web guy that does Comsie's site for him, all of Gay Authors, this board and a few other places.

My stuff can be found on my site here: http://myr.gayauthors.org/ and in the Sneak Peak forum hiding in the The Library.

I'm happy to have Comicality here on our forums and for all you to be joining him in his grand vision.

I hope we can all learn from each other to bring forth better stories for us all to enjoy :boy:

Howdy, Bookworm here. I'm 40 years old and from California. I don't write ( don't have the talent or the patients), but I'm an avid reader, whatever I can get my hands on. Favorites reading material is Sci Fi/Fantasy/Mysteries/etc.... :read:

Hi...I'm Geoff...65 years old (the oldest Shacker, I think)...I live in South Mississippi. I don't write either, but I love reading the stries.

Nice board you have here. Well I'm Stew, 31 years old, from Australia. Been an avid reader of stories for years and at one time wrote one of my own. Hopefully this place will inspire me to write again :2thumbs:

Hi! My name's -{BM}- (Bill if you want a real name), I'm 19 years old and live in Australia. I just began writing my first story, it's called .Hack//Escape, it can be found at http//nifty.nisusnet.com/nifty/gay/sf-fantasy/hack-escape/. I'm an massive fan of Com and his stories and the only other thing I can say is

:worship: Gone From Daylight

hey there, my name's Jason or Moonwolf. I'm from some french town called Longueuil (Don't try to pronounce it in english lol) it's 10 minutes from Montreal, Canada. (you know that country with lot of snow and cute guys!! ) 19 years old btw.

I write poems more than anything and edit in my free time and read, read ,read like crazy!

I'm Cirrus, 29, resident of Vancouver, BC.

I write, but very infrequently. You can see some of my past stuff at http://www.geocities.com/deepcirrus/ (hope I remembered the URL right). The good news is that I have an idea for a new story. :D

I've also written a couple of screenplays in my time.

I like to bug Com about his Standard Comicality Introduction, aka The Three Paragraph Inner Monologue of Doom. It helps alleviate my jealousy at his prolific output. Every six months or so I fire off an e-mail in his direction. At even rarer intervals he replies (I'm still waiting for a response to the e-mail I sent in July :devil: )

Looking forward to posting a little more often than I have done at the Library or the Shack.

- C

Guest layne378

I'm Layne. I'm 33 years old and live in a small town in Illinois not to far from Chicago. I have written many poems and stories over the years as a way of helping myself deal with my messed up youth. It can be very therapeutic. I have not posted any of them as of yet, but have thought about it. I guess I just need to get up the nerve to put a piece of myself out there. It's kind of a scary thing to do, bearing your soul for all to see.

I'm a huge fan of Comicality and I know my writing could not compare, but we all have our own style. You are a my hero man. Your stories have inspired me and touched my heart so many times. You are a net God. :worship:

Hello, I'm Aden, a 25 year old guy from a small town near Manchester, England.

I used to write, and have posted twice (in about 4 years..!) I'm currently about to start again, but finding it tougher to enjoy than before.

OK - my bedroom door just flew open and I'm COMPLETELY alone upstairs!! Cya!

Guest xcboi02

Hello :lol: So I'm Al, and I'm basically a reader of the stories. I love reading stories that revolve around love, rather than sex. Though Comicality has included sex in it, there has always been something deeper to it, rather than, OO sex sex sex. :-) That's why i like this site, as a majority of the stories posted have been love related. keep up the good work, and I'll try to keep posting every so often. :-) Oh something about me? Hm.. Well i'm still in college, but i'm not out at all. :) well off to bed for me.

Hey guys! My name's Frank Aiden Ryan. I did a couple of stories that were very popular a while back, but my life sort of got in the way and I've only recently tried to pick up writing again. I seriously want to get published some day, but I think I'm gonna need a little more practice till that happens.

I'm 25 years old, and I live in the Netherlands, Europe. I can be found at Nifty with three titles, namely my large series First Impressions, the spin-off Detention Dream and a newer project named Jamie's Seven Wishes in the sci-fi section of Nifty. I trust you all know your way around there.

My stories are currently 'homeless' since my last site was deleted by it's host. I'm looking for a new space of my own.

Hello

I'm a reader and boy do i read.

I'm trying to catch up with all the stories here

and Acherland, Deweywriter,Draketale, and on

and on.

in fact Drake told me when i said i read FHO & APTL all

in one day he said Hope i didn't hurt your

mental state and he was sure he did....hahaha

Keep up the good work

Edited by movieguy47

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..