Iso Editor - Fiction/drama - Long Story - One Time - No Time Limit

I am in search of an editor to help with continunity, pacing, and to keep me in the right direction (general advice).

There is no time limit, and I will take care of grammar and proofing.  I have never worked with an editor before.

As for the story, it will be a fictional drama, and as of right now, I only have the first chapter done.

Part of the first chapter:

Thankfully, the day was passing by quickly, but at my last class of the day, I was dumbfounded that an actual agriculture class was being taught.  I don't know how to work with tools.  I don't know anything about tractors.  I don't know how to farm and work with animals and have no desire to ever do so.  Since I have to be subjected to the horrors of high school, why in the hell do I have to be subjected to the wonderful world of agriculture too?

The teacher's name was Mr. Duluth, and he passed around a paper with different subjects on them.  "Since today is Friday, you can have the weekend to decide what type of wood project you want to do for the workshop," he spoke.  "It will count as one-third of your grade at the end of the semester."

I never considered myself to be better than anyone, but even the other students agreed on several occasions that I was mature and always did what I was supposed to.  Perhaps I was that way because being scared of my dad was a constant in my life.  Always trying to do what I could that wouldn't piss him off and start in on me, I kept to myself and was as quiet as I could be.  I guess that carried over into school too.  'Oh great, they are going to let all of these wild seventh grade boys loose in a shop full of saws and hammers?  What could go wrong?'

Gritting my teeth and shaking my head, I looked up at some of those close to me and noticed a new student that was not in my elementary school.  He had a smirk on his face.  And what a face!  He had reddish-brown hair that hung down to just above his sparkling blue eyes and had a few freckles splattered across his nose.  I quickly looked down at the project sheet and pretended to concentrate on it, though it had become hard to breathe and my heart had picked up an extra-fast pace to it.