Help ISO beta/editor

Due to the length of time between posting. I've lost contact with my beta reader and editor, one to death. I've authored Trail and Tribulations, 2011 Readers Choice award winner. and beginning to restart The Field of  Love story. I begun work on chapter 9. Therefore, I am seeking both an experienced beta reader and an editor to assist me in this endeavor.

Send me any questions you may have. Here is what I am working on now.

After Sammy had been hastily ushered into the surgical waiting room by one of the nurses, he glanced around the room and noted a 40 inch flat screen TV tuned to the Weather Channel with the sound turned off. A family of three sat across the room from Sammy with the woman, whom he assumed was the mother, whispering to her small child. The little girl looked to be around the age of four and clearly didn’t like what she heard, as evidenced by the  frown she wore. The father’s eyes were red and his face wet from what Sammy thought had been from crying. He stared out the windows behind Sammy with a sad expression. His eyes osculated between hope and despair as he searched for answers.

Sammy looked down at his blood covered hands and leapt to his feet. He had an urgent need to wash Tony’s blood from his hands.The little girl was staring at him wild eyes and opened mouth when she noticed Sammy for the first time. Sammy felt gulity for shocking the child. Quickly muttering an apology to the girl’s mother, he turned to exit the room as fast as he could. But the father of the little girl blocked his way.

“Are you okay son?” the father asked with concern noticeable in his voice.

Sammy looked into the father’s eyes and saw that the man had a good spirit. “Yes, sir. A friend was hurt and I need to wash up.”

Edited by Billy Martin
to be more complete.

Hi, there are probably better choices out there, let alone native speakers, but just in case, I have some questions:

• What are the things, you wanna see in a beta reader or an editor?
  • How does the collaboration process look like?
    • Is there room for discussion or just one-way attachment of a "corrected" document via DM or the like?
    • How much time is there to review a chapter?
    • How many review iterations do you normally have?
4 hours ago, Zuri said:
  • What are the things, you wanna see in a beta reader or an editor?
  • How does the collaboration process look like?
    • Is there room for discussion or just one-way attachment of a "corrected" document via DM or the like?
    • How much time is there to review a chapter?
    • How many review iterations do you normally have?

I want to feel that my beta or editor likes the story's characters almost as much as I do and wants to protect them even from the author.

For sure there is room for open discussion. I use google documents so that at anytime my beta/editor can make suggestions/edits as they see fit.

There is as much time as needed within reason and given life situations we all have to navigate.

As for story reviews, Trails and Tribulations was written prior to GA up grades. You are free to look at the reviews and comments left at the time.

• Love 1

Anything besides Google honestly sounds pretty good. That describes pretty much what I loved in collaborations where I was either of the three (beta, editor, author) :thumbup:

Edited by Zuri