Tomorrow Is A Special Day!

Tomas

For our Aussie and Kiwi friends it’s ANZAC Day.

ANZAC Day is observed in Australia and New Zealand each April 25th. It started after World War One, “The Great War”, “The war to end all wars”, as a day of remembrance to honor the Australian and New Zealand veterans and their fallen comrades victims of that war. I’m not sure, but I think that it may have since been expanded to include all wars and peacekeeping operations.

The following is basically an Aussie song, but it does tell the story of ANZAC Day fairly well. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VK6rZ--DhZM

• Like 4

• Site Administrator

Actually, it's today (damn timezones!). It's a public holiday both here in Australia and in New Zealand.

Thank you very much for the thoughts, though. It's very much appreciated. Yes, the day is for all veterans, not just those from the first (or second) world war.

• Like 4

For our Aussie and Kiwi friends it’s ANZAC Day.

ANZAC Day is observed in Australia and New Zealand each April 25th. It started after World War One, “The Great War”, “The war to end all wars”, as a day of remembrance to honor the Australian and New Zealand veterans and their fallen comrades victims of that war. I’m not sure, but I think that it may have since been expanded to include all wars and peacekeeping operations.

The following is basically an Aussie song, but it does tell the story of ANZAC Day fairly well. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VK6rZ--DhZM

Tomas - That song will forever come to mind, when each and every April 25th comes around, thank you. As Graeme said, it is for all vets, past and present and I sadly fear for those yet to come.

remembrance-8-638.jpg?cb=1352010829

Sandrewn