Alright everyone. I'm finally finding some free time to start writing Triple Play, the third installment in Devin Williams' life. I know it's been a long wait, but I've had a lot of school stuff to do and will in the future, so it's going to be slow going. Having said that, I'm very excited by what I've got planned for this third novel, and I hope you like where I take Devin and Bryce in the midpoint of the series.

Without further commentary, here's a sneak peek of what's going to be going on in Chapter 1. Let me know what you think, and as always thanks for reading!

“Dear Mr. Williams;

Upon your return to campus, you are required to meet with an academic advisor to discuss your athletic scholarship. Please ensure that you book an appointment with an academic advisor as soon as possible to discuss funding for your upcoming academic year.

Whitman College looks forward to your return.”

All along the drive back to Whitman I re-read the letter I’d received from the school, hoping that there was some kind of mistake that would explain away why I’d suddenly been dropped from the scholarship. I’d arranged a meeting for later today like the letter had asked, but the only thing I could think of was that the school didn’t think I deserved a scholarship anymore because of how little I’d played in the previous year.

It wasn’t my fault. I didn’t ask to be attacked and be on the disabled list for most of the year, and the worst part was that because I had been playing in games before and after the attacks, it wouldn’t even count as a redshirt year, so I ended up wasting most of my eligibility on recovery and being in the hospital.

Dad dropped me off at Phi Delta Theta’s house and helped me unload things. I wasn’t too surprised to see that most of the brothers hadn’t yet arrived back from the Summer break; a lot of them were coming from out of state, and wouldn’t arrive until the last couple days before classes began. I knocked on the door with my stuff and was surprised when Bryce was the one who let me in. I embraced and squeezed him when he pulled the door open for me.

“Bryce! Good to see you, I missed you. I’m surprised to see that you’re already here though, I thought you wanted to spend the last couple of days with your family?”

“I did, but I figured you’d be coming back soon anyways, so I may as well claim a room that’s going to be big enough for both of us, and of course one that’s far enough away from the other rooms that they won’t hear all of what we’re going to be doing.” Bryce said with a smirk.

Hunter,

I am a big fan of your writing and look forward to this book.  With that in mind I will say that I hate to wait for postings, but that is my problem :).  I hope things are going well for you.  Now for thoughts on the preview....  I never like the characters I fall for to get hurt so the idea of Devin being hurt due to no fault of his own bothers me.  Another thing, I really do not like cliff hangers.  So with that said, I cannot really provide a fair feedback on the preview as I don't like where it leaves the characters except that the story is continuing.  That is great.  I will wait with baited breath for the first chapter to be posted and hopefully it will ease my fears a little.  Great to see you back in the saddle again.  Take care of yourself, the rest of us will wait as needed :).

Best Wishes,

Rob

Hello Wenmale;

Thanks for your feedback. I purposely didn't post the entire chapter. This is just part of one scene. I wasn't sure how much I should add for a teaser, but I seem to have teased a bit too much and will redouble my efforts to actually complete the first chapter. Thankfully, there's going to be a long break in December where I don't have classes to interrupt my work process.

Best regards!

Hunter

Thanks Hunter.  I know your scedule keeps you busy and your writing is at the will of many other things.  I just hate for the characters that I follow to get hurt.  Your preview/tease is just fine.  It gives us something to ponder.  Keep up the good work and most of all take care of yourself.

Best Wishes

Rob