Less than a week to submit 2024 Anthology Entries ×

Tag Search

Azorf
Go to solution Solved by Cia,

Will the tag list search function be returning? I know you can click on the tag in a story title but previously I could bring up a list of all tags and search from there.

• Like 1

• Site Administrator
  • Solution

The tag cloud isn't on the main Stories page right now, and the search features aren't currently all available during the ongoing upgrade, but one of the options when using the 'Advanced Search' (available in the Browse options in the right sidebar) includes the different tags available on the site, so you will be able to filter stories by tags that way.

• Like 1

On 19/03/2017 at 7:56 PM, Cia said:

The tag cloud isn't on the main Stories page right now, and the search features aren't currently all available during the ongoing upgrade, but one of the options when using the 'Advanced Search' (available in the Browse options in the right sidebar) includes the different tags available on the site, so you will be able to filter stories by tags that way.

Thanks. Tried the Advanced Search looking for tag and status. Noticed the issue with it not filtering under status mentioned by others however if I select status as the only search function it works okay until I then choose to sort the search using the sort by tab and everything disappears! :pissed:

I'll mention this in the bug blog.

Edited by Azorf
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...

Searching for a list of stories, example: FANTASY, 20,000 WORDS, COMPLETE does not work. In fact the Advanced Search feature has never worked as far as I can see - unless I missed another thread about this!

What is the situation now (6 months on)?

It would be great to be able to search for the types of books you want to read especially to get a list of completed books, in the genre that interests and eliminating short stories.

• Angry 1

• Site Administrator
2 hours ago, William King said:

Searching for a list of stories, example: FANTASY, 20,000 WORDS, COMPLETE does not work. In fact the Advanced Search feature has never worked as far as I can see - unless I missed another thread about this!

What is the situation now (6 months on)?

It would be great to be able to search for the types of books you want to read especially to get a list of completed books, in the genre that interests and eliminating short stories.

The advanced search has been fixed about 15 times.  It works for awhile and then coughs a hairball.  Further, it is only certain combinations that don't work.  

I'll alert the programmer.  There is also interference between the "Filter" "sort" and custom searches.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Myr said:

The advanced search has been fixed about 15 times.  It works for awhile and then coughs a hairball.  Further, it is only certain combinations that don't work.  

I'll alert the programmer.  There is also interference between the "Filter" "sort" and custom searches.

Thank you, Myr. Your work is appriciated, so please don't get discouraged.

• Like 2

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..