Editor Questions

Go to solution Solved by Myr,

I would like to ask two simple questions:

1. Are you able to copy and paste your story chapters without losing the original format?

2. Does the GA editor function normally as you would expect it to, including changing fonts and font size?

My reason for asking is because it doesn't work for me, it never has, either before or since the update.

7 minutes ago, William King said:

I would like to ask two simple questions:

1. Are you able to copy and paste your story chapters without losing the original format?

2. Does the GA editor function normally as you would expect it to, including changing fonts and font size?

My reason for asking is because it doesn't work for me, it never has, either before or since the update.

1. Yes, I've copied from Word without problems, and things like italics or footnotes transfer without problems. In the old system I'd take story and chapter notes via NotePad, since they often got messed up if transferred directly, and then I'd do the italics or whatever afterwards. I do the same now, just to be sure.

2. I don't change fonts or font size, so I cannot answer this. As I understand it we shouldn't change font size, because readers can do that with the + button if they need to.

• Site Administrator
  • Solution
31 minutes ago, William King said:

Are you able to copy and paste your story chapters without losing the original format?

There are many variables here.  As a general rule, yes, it should work just fine.  There are some exceptions:

• You must be using a computer.  Tablets and Phones are not content creation devices and they may or may not work with the editor as intended due to the under-powered, locked-down nature of such devices.  It may work just fine. I can paste formatted stuff in on both my phone and my tablet.
  • It also depends on what you are using for word processing AND how you have something like Word configured.  If you end up with crazy double spacing, you can clear that up on the Word side by doing a find and replace... find ^p^p and replace with ^p.
  • Even if it looks crazy after a paste into the editor, it might show up fine in the chapter due to our display filtering.
36 minutes ago, William King said:

Does the GA editor function normally as you would expect it to, including changing fonts and font size?

Yes...  but you should not be changing fonts and font sizes.  It's very likely the system will strip it out so that the chapter formatting tools work properly. 

There are some exceptions:

• You must be using a computer.  Tablets and Phones are not content creation devices and they may or may not work with the editor as intended due to the under-powered, locked-down nature of such devices.  It may work just fine. I can paste formatted stuff in on both my phone and my tablet.
  • Like 1