Log Out

Go to solution Solved by Myr,

I have never bothered to ask this question although it would seem to be a bug, I'm not sure,

Often the system does not log me out.

That's it. I log out, I can even go back on GA to check I'm logged out, close it, go do other stuff, and come back the next day to find I'm logged in without having to sign in.

It has been doing this since the BIG update. Not all the time, only sometimes. 

It is not very important, only if someone else picks up my tablet which isn't very likely.

Just thought I'd mention this in case anyone else has the same problem.

Running latest Android version on Samsung Tab S2 using Samsung Chrome Browser.

A Suggestion: whether or not it is a bug you could have the system log you out automatically after x hours of inactivity?

Edited by William King
A Suggestion.
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, BlindAmbition said:

Hey William, I've had this happen. After logging out, if your name still appears in list. Clears after clearing cookies.

Thanks for the information. The only problem with clearing cookies is that I have some that I need to keep and I don't know if you can just clear the cookies from this site only? If I clear all cookies I will, when logging in to another site get a phone call telling me my device is not recognised - because their cookie has gone. I then have to go through a whole procedure of getting a code by phone to log back in proving I am me. Security on sites is getting more and more strict, which is why it's a big hassle to clear all cookies. But thanks for the suggestion.

• Like 2
  • Site Administrator
  • Solution

No, the only bug we've had reported is the opposite.  The solution is the same though.  You have to clear the cookie for GA

If you are truly interested in logging in all the time, just use Privacy browsing mode in your browser.  It, by definition, does not save cookies.

It is called "Incognito" in Chrome and Safari.

It is called "InPrivate" in Microsoft Edge

It is called "Private" in FireFox.

• Like 3