Less than a week to submit 2024 Anthology Entries ×

Clubs

mogwhy
Go to solution Solved by Cia,

not sure this is a bug/problem, but, one of the reasons, if i remember correctly, for getting "Clubs" was so they could be "closed" and "private". if you have the All Activity tab open, posts even for a closed club show up. not just that there is a post, but the body of the post. like i said, don't know if it is a problem or not. just wanted to let you know

• Like 1

• Site Administrator
  • Solution

I believe you're seeing posts because you're part of the club, so of course it would track and show you the activity of an area you have 'permissions' for because that's the purpose of the All Activity option. Even if it says "All Activity" you're not seeing everything that happens all over the site. For instance, members wouldn't be aware of the post I made to alert site staff to my new schedule coming up for my job starting on the 30th, but my status update talking about it would show up for general members. That's because of where I made the posts and who is and isn't allowed to see those areas/features of the site. 

Just as a confirmation, I'm part of the Writer's Circle so I can see those posts, but I haven't yet joined The Pit, and I can't see a single post from the pit while I browse the 'All Activity list', no matter how far I go back (even as a staff member). I know Myr would have started a welcome/purpose of The Pit topic in there. 

• Like 2

• Site Administrator

Always good to ask if you're not sure because it helps someone else who might not have the courage to speak up but has the same question! 

• Like 2

Another club question: Is it possible to be an inactive club member? Just reading but not being seen as a member or posting.

I'm thinking of the Pit, of course. I don't want to post there, but I did enjoy checking out the Political Cartoons and a few other topics.

• Site Administrator
8 hours ago, Timothy M. said:

Another club question: Is it possible to be an inactive club member? Just reading but not being seen as a member or posting.

I'm thinking of the Pit, of course. I don't want to post there, but I did enjoy checking out the Political Cartoons and a few other topics.

Nope. 

• Sad 1

• Site Administrator
9 minutes ago, impunity said:

Curious why a club called "Healthy Living" would be closed. 

People are discussing health issues, including weight loss support in there.  It is closed to give some privacy and to increase commitment.  You have to ask to come in or be invited versus just casually driving by. 

That may or may not change as we further develope it.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Myr said:

People are discussing health issues, including weight loss support in there.  It is closed to give some privacy and to increase commitment.  You have to ask to come in or be invited versus just casually driving by. 

That may or may not change as we further develope it.

Fair enough. 

• Like 1

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..