Less than a week to submit 2024 Anthology Entries ×

Hurricane Harvey Hounds Houston

JamesSavik

If you’d like to donate money, but want to support an all-volunteer LGBTQ-based charity, Rainbow World Fund is one to consider. A certain red-kettle religious charity has an anti-LGBTQ track record. Others have a better history.

RWF’s US Disaster Aid Fund is working with their partner, Feeding America to provide clean drinking water and food assistance through a network of local food banks. This is a more efficient method than building something new from the ground up every time there’s an emergency. And it doesn’t take resources away from existing programs.

My only connection to RWF is that I’ve donated a tiny amount to them in the past and they are my chosen beneficiary in the Smile.Amazon.com program.

In dark times, Americans look out for each other.

21192888_816117631883251_202743107653962

EDIT: jp. The Pic above is of a screencap from Twitter. In it is a picture of a line that wraps around a city block, with the caption, "This is Houston. Wanna know what the line is for? Food? Water? Housing? Nope. These people are waiting in line to VOLUNTEER. #Harvey"

Edited by BHopper2
  • Like 3

DriveSavers in Novato, California is offering to recover the data on computers, phones, and tablets for free to victims of Harvey. Devices need to be sent quickly so data is still recoverable. DriveSavers is the acknowledged industry leader and this service is worth several hundred to several thousands of dollars per device.

Edited by Former Member