Less than a week to submit 2024 Anthology Entries ×

Problems viewing the site when logged in

Sam Wyer
Go to solution Solved by FormerMember4,

Hi

I’ve had this problem for a couple of days now, but it’s unhelpfully intermittent.  What it looks like is that pages don’t finish loading, for example, not all the text is visible, or links don’t work.  This seems to be related to the fact that the ads don’t load on that page, but refreshing doesn’t help.  Usually I just have to wait for a few minutes and try again, but it’s very annoying.

I’m using iOS and Safari, no adblocking or anything weird, and this only seems to happen if I’m logged in.

Any help appreciated.

Sam

• Like 2

• Solution

Sam, I’m having this issue on iPhone 8 running 11.02 with Safari. The site doesn’t play nice with iOS on many things. Clearing cookies will help some. Go to Safari tab in settings.

Clarifying my remark on site not playing nicely with iOS. I am referring to Envision software. Not a GA or staff issue.

Edited by BlindAmbition
  • Like 2
  • Angry 1

1 minute ago, BlindAmbition said:

Sam, I’m having this issue on iPhone 8 running 11.02 with Safari. The site doesn’t play nice with iOS on many things. Clearing cookies will help some. Go to Safari tab in settings.

Thanks for the suggestion, I’ll have a look.

• Like 2

• Site Administrator
4 hours ago, BlindAmbition said:

The site doesn’t play nice with iOS on many things.

Excuse me?   I really don't appreciate how that is phrased.  

As for the issue, I've not had it on either Android Tablet, Android Phone, Windows 10 with FireFox, Windows 10 with Chrome or Windows 10 with Edge.  We have cleared the cache here.

Something to keep in mind... we use Amazon Web services (which shows up as cloudfront.net ) There might be something on your device blocking that, which would cause similar issues as to what you describe.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Myr said:

Excuse me?   I really don't appreciate how that is phrased.  

As for the issue, I've not had it on either Android Tablet, Android Phone, Windows 10 with FireFox, Windows 10 with Chrome or Windows 10 with Edge.  We have cleared the cache here.

Something to keep in mind... we use Amazon Web services (which shows up as cloudfront.net ) There might be something on your device blocking that, which would cause similar issues as to what you describe.

I apologize if I offended you. I don't mean issue with you or GA. I can run on Windows with few issues. How software interacts with Mac and iOS can be finicky. That's Envision, and not you Myr. I also am not using block on site.

• Like 3

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..