Wow!

Good chapter!

I don't think I'll win the cameo appearance prize, but I'm going to go back and try to figure it out. I tend to read the chapter quickly, then go back and absorb it more the second time around.

Trent Lomax returned for his unwelcome appearance on his own. :thumbdown: I hope he got what he deserved!

I was sad to see Connor's last appearance at the club, but hopefully we'll get to see more of his music in other venues.

I had to remember the Eleanor Van Epp character, but it came to me, and then I laughed at the whole scene of her running naked through the school. :lmao:

Now we're also pulling for Mikey. I hope he gets a fair shake!

As to the last part about the dream - WHOA! :blink:

That made me sit up straight and go back and read that section again. My hair stood on end when his mother was at the door of the trailer. Ugly dream.

Once again, a nicely written chapter (kudos writer) and flawlessly edited (kudos editor). :worship:

All of us wait around for the posting of the next chapter - like sheep. :sheep:

Hee hee.

Well done David!

Centaur

:worship: To the all Powerful Buddha :D

Another Great Chapter, Wow the connors mom cames back? or is it really a dream :P . I'll think of more to say later.

Edited by Drew

Loved the chapter, David!

Though the last part kinda threw me off and I just sat there looking at the screen going, "umm..."

I did like Cody's little "Boys taste better :P " saying though!

Cant wait for 16!

LOL

All I can say is that if the following paragraph isn't in a dream...

"It wasn't just a normal-looking penis either. It was massive, hanging loosely between her legs, covered in hair and open sores, and crawling with what appeared to be hundreds of maggots. The smell of rotting flesh almost made me lose my dinner right there on the porch."

Then the mother got what she deserved. A penis with open sores and crawling with maggots?

Whoa. :blink:

But nobody hurts Toby! That's just wrong! :2hands:

And yes - ANOTHER cliffhanger. :wacko:

David likes doing this to us. :devil: He and Kitty are conspiring together to torture us innocent readers. 0:)

And yet - we come back for more.

Oh well. The wait begins for 16... Wasn't that the one David said was so hard to write?

Uh oh.

Centaur

A very interesting chapter indeed!

I'd say that the last part is clearly a dream or hallucination, but what I find most significant is that it's Toby, not Ryan, declaring his love for Connor in the dream, and who Connor offers to sacrifice himself for..

I'd say that the last part is clearly a dream or hallucination, but what I find most significant is that it's Toby, not Ryan, declaring his love for Connor in the dream, and who Connor offers to sacrifice himself for..

Yup - I also found it interesting that it was Toby... Hmmm...

Yup - I also found it interesting that it was Toby... Hmmm...

Hmmmm indeed...

I'm now wondering just who Connor ends up with, if this really does indicate love for Toby? This could sure get complicated, with Toby and Ryan being brothers, and in a way Connor now is, too.

Hmmmm... Maybe this isn't even an either-or situation! Connor might end up with Ryan AND Toby! 0:)

Wow...tell me LittleBuddha...how did you get the imagination to create Eleanor Van Epp going mental? Did you hear it actually happening to someone else or it was just pure imagination? :lmao:

And LB answered by saying he'd never tell... So, let's see if we can figure this one out! LB has mentioned that there are cameos in SOOTB... So, maybe it's someone he knows who is female... and certainly, he'd never tell, if it was someone who, say, for example, was his editor? 0:)

Now, I think I'd better run and hide before Kitty sees this... <running>

Edited by C James
:o:o:o

All right ... who told? :devil::devil: :2hands:

It wasn't me, I swear!!! :boy:

And on another note, I hope Kevin (AFriendlyFace) hurries up and gets his butt moved and settled in soon ... I'm missing his lengthy and in-depth analyses ... :( Although I was pleasantly surprised to see Joey's and Trebs' comments ... *heart flutter*

:D

Toby!!! David is busy weaving a tangled web for all of us to get caught in.

Makes me wonder how this will effect his and Ryans relationship, for Toby to take center stage in Connors mothers little torture chamber, Toby has a stronger hold on Connor than I thought, I guess true love may be at issue here. Connor has alot on his plate, with loosing his pub gig, and now Toby in his dream, the dream all by itself has to be disturbing. The pressure of "outing" himself to help Mikey. If he doesn't get some new outlets for exercizing his deamons, he could start popping bolts, and fall back into his shell.

You kept bringing up Dominic, and how cute Connor thought he was, I was wondering what the Goth couple had to do with the story. I got a pretty funny cartoon buble with Eleanor on a "naked Man hunt". Then there is Ben too. Connor having doubts about Bens sexuality again. huummmmm?? A "Bi" twin, or better yet, "Bi" twins, how hot is that. Ok...ok gay twins would be hotter.

Trent Lomax must be either in love with Connor, or stupid beyond belief. If he actually laid a hand on Connor, after his high profile beating and hospital stay. If he even touches Connor, I would expect the freshman girls volleyball team would probably hunt him down, and beat the hell out of him.

Another great chapter to a great story. :2thumbs:

Edited by ex52tech
You kept bringing up Dominic, and how cute Connor thought he was, I was wondering what the Goth couple had to do with the story.

That had a great deal to do with the cameo contest LB had!

Dominic, the hot goth boy, is Dom Luka.

David is busy weaving a tangled web for all of us to get caught in.

That's kind of what I'm shooting for ... I want to keep everyone guessing until the very end ... otherwise, it wouldn't be a very captivating story, now would it? :P

BTW, I've been eating this "dried cured pork" stuff while writing Chapter 18, and it seems to be helping. I might have to ship a couple large crates of it back to the States so I have something to inspire me. Fortunately, when I get back to the homefront, I'll be bored out of my mind while I'm trying to search for the perfect job, so there should be lots and lots and lots of time for writing ... and I've got lots and lots of ideas. :2thumbs:

Edited by LittleBuddhaTW

I see the significance of Toby being in Connor's, rather literal, Nightmare.

Ryan might be his "true love", but who was the first one to actually reach out and kiss Connor first? I'm sure almost EVERYONE remember's their first kiss, ESPECIALLY if it's with a guy, boy, man (whatever Toby declares himself to be)...it's a very rememberal event, at least to me.

As far as second guessing yourselves about whether or not it was a dream, I mean c'mon, his mother's back and with a penis?

Just my thoughts.

- J.D.

Edited by JDtheTransformer
That had a great deal to do with the cameo contest LB had!

Dominic, the hot goth boy, is Dom Luka.

Thanks for telling me about the cameo,and Dom Luka. I had been gone for a while and had no clue about the contest. :angry: Oh well maybe there will be another one.

Ex.

Thanks for telling me about the cameo,and Dom Luka. I had been gone for a while and had no clue about the contest. :angry: Oh well maybe there will be another one.

I think there may well be another contest, as LB has mentioned that there will be more cameos.

I love touches like these in a story! It's the little details and complexities that make SOOTB so special, IMHO.

Given all that happened in Chapter 15, especially the nightmare at the end, does anyone have any predictions as to what happens in 16?

SOMETHING is going to go down between Connor and Toby...I can feel it in my, ughhh, bone(s).

May my curiosity be sated.

- JD

SOMETHING is going to go down between Connor and Toby...I can feel it in my, ughhh, bone(s).

May my curiosity be sated.

- JD

I haven't seen #16 yet, so I'm free to speculate...

OK, my hunch is that it does turn out to be very significant that it's Toby in the dream. What if Connor, sleeping in Ryan's bed, yells "I love you, Toby!" in his sleep, and Ryan hears him?

I predict trouble!!!!

BTW, what is Little Buddha's new avatar? I can't quite figure it out? Anyone??

I haven't seen #16 yet, so I'm free to speculate...

OK, my hunch is that it does turn out to be very significant that it's Toby in the dream. What if Connor, sleeping in Ryan's bed, yells "I love you, Toby!" in his sleep, and Ryan hears him?

I predict trouble!!!!

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh, that's dark....but I like the thought behind it though. It would definetly be a gut wrencher (as far as Ryan goes), and of course I'd be the one yelling at my computer as I'm reading this.

The trouble prediction? Definetly, I concure. I got to give props to Mr David *does the 'Hail Ceaser' sign* for such an in depth kind of story like this. Makes me think I've been subconciously waiting for a story like this since I came out.

Kudo's Bubba Ray.

-J.D.