Detroit: Become Human

Hello!  I just wanted to talk about a new video game that had recently came out late May called Detroit: Become Human.  I watched plenty of playthroughs from different YouTubers and I thought it was an excellent, realistic take on artificial intelligence in the form of human-looking androids.  If you don't know about this video game, it's more of an interactive movie where the many choices that you make over the course of several or more hours impacts the ending of the story.  I don't want to spoil anything major, but what I will say that I really like how it takes the science fiction trope of artificial intelligence and sets it in a very realistic, lived-in world of Detroit only two decades into the future.  it also explores issues that currently impact the world today like job unemployment, sex work and even climate change, and puts an android spin on it.  I understand that it is very niche since it is a video game that can only be played on the PlayStation 4, but I really recommend you watch playthroughs of the video game by different YouTubers since it is like an interactive movie, which takes different paths depending on the person playing it.  It is really good and provides a new form of storytelling that is becoming more popular, possibly being its own video game genre in the near future.

Edited by Superpride
  • Love 1
  • Site Administrator

I did do a post about the tech in the Video gamer forum:

I'm planning on picking up a PlayStation 4 Pro during the big sale next week.  In part because I want to play this game.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Site Administrator

I've been enjoying this game when I find time to sit still and play it.  It has inspired some writing thoughts.

• Like 1