Notification quirk

Go to solution Solved by Myr,

Seems to be my day for this ... I noticed it last week but didn't do anything about it. It's just happened again and I did a capture. Again I think it's only since the upgrade.

Previously, notifications for the same thing ie liking the same chapter at roughly the same time were condensed into one notification. Now, that still happens, but it also displays the last notification separately. See attached capture. If this is how it's meant to be, sorry... 

Windows laptop running Chrome.

Capture.PNG

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator

I'd check those links. It's entirely possible that they reacted to different chapters.  The ones together being the same chapter and the second one a different chapter.

• Site Administrator

I've been receiving duplicate notifications since the upgrade too.  Not for everything, but it seems to be for when someone reacts or comments on a chapter.  I haven't noticed it for forum posts or when someone sends a PM.  I use Google Chrome on an HP laptop with Windows 10. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Myr said:

See last post... Bug has been reported, it has not been fixed.

Yeah, I thought that might be the case, but also that the fact it was happening on and off might be of interest.

btw it's only reactions to (new?) chapters which are doubled, not reactions to chapter comments or forum posts.

Edited by Timothy M.
  • Site Administrator
  • Solution

The bug report refers to this topic, so the programmer will see it.

• Like 1