Should I be worried

A few weeks ago, my boyfriend and I met up with a close friend of his and his friend's new boyfriend who neither of us have met. the 4 of us hit off well and my boyfriend told me he thought the guy was pretty cute

Not long after that his friend suddenly broke up with the bf who wasn't sure why so he reached out to mine to see what's going on. Somehow since then, the two of them have been texting non stop daily and I don't know what's going on. On the off-chance I see his name pop up on my bf's phone, he's very quick to say something off-cuff and then change the subject and then act quite obviously guilty about something.

I don't like being jealous and I don't want to be the type to restrict what my bf does or who he talks to but this is really odd to me and I don't know how to take it. I confronted him once about it but it didn't get anywhere and he obviously won't be coming clean if there's something to come clean about. I don't want to demand to see his phone to see what they've been talking about, and i have been trying for weeks to let it go and be secure, but it's really bothering me and I'm not sure what to do.

Edited by WilliamC99
  • Like 1
12 hours ago, Carlos Hazday said:

Without trust, any relationship's in trouble and likely to fail. Sounds like you don't trust your boyfriend.

Things certainly sound suspicious, but we are only hearing one side of the situation. This is a very frustrating position to be in and the boyfriend isn’t acting particularly innocent. I agree that trust in vital, but I don’t know what I would suggest to @WilliamC99.