Recent chapter likes

Go to solution Solved by PJGee,

@Myr Good morning, Myr.

I noticed last night... in the wee hours of the morning... that notified chapter likes weren't registering in the 'likes on stories' total. I thought it was me at first, missing something. I know 'read it' reactions don't count in the total, but that wasn't the case here. Anyway, the same is occurring this morning. Just thought you would like to know. Is there a delay now? I've seen a delay in adding to the review total, but never in the chapter/story reactions. 

Windows ten on MSI laptop. Chrome browser. 

Cheers and Happy Holidays. Gary

Edit: Okay, weird thing. I just had another notification for a chapter like, and the total went down by one. 

Edit: It just went back up to the original total, so that like too, didn't register.

Edited by Headstall
  • Like 1
  • Site Administrator

There is a delay for caching sometime.  There are also occasional hiccups... but the server usually flags something being wrong.  Generically, I see nothing.

Is there a specific story you are having an issue with?

• Like 1
  • Love 1
35 minutes ago, Myr said:

There is a delay for caching sometime.  There are also occasional hiccups... but the server usually flags something being wrong.  Generically, I see nothing.

Is there a specific story you are having an issue with?

I have two readers reading and liking "Morningstar: The Malaise" at the moment, so that is why I noticed. The chapter likes are there, but they didn't show up in the total story rep points. There were seven or so that didn't register, I think. Since shortly after my post, the count starting ticking up again for new likes... that was after it dipped by one, which was only for a brief moment.  

• Love 1
  • Site Administrator
9 minutes ago, Timothy M. said:

One explanation could be me exchanging my 'normal' likes for :heart: likes on certain chapters (that I originally read before we had diverse likes). This might give you a notification, but the number of likes stays the same.

Yes.  They can also go down if someone removes a like.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, Timothy M. said:

One explanation could be me exchanging my 'normal' likes for :heart: likes on certain chapters (that I originally read before we had diverse likes). This might give you a notification, but the number of likes stays the same.

No, these were likes from two different readers. They are identified in the notifications, so I know which ones they are. Those likes do appear on the chapters. :)  It's not a big issue, but I thought Myr would want to be made aware. And I didn't know you were exchanging regular likes for hearts... that's nice. :) 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Site Administrator
1 minute ago, Headstall said:

but I thought Myr would want to be made aware.

Yes.  I also flushed the cache, so to speak, after reading your post.  If anything weird was going on with that... (it happens from time to time that makes the blog format get messed up), it should have cleared it.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Myr said:

Yes.  I also flushed the cache, so to speak, after reading your post.  If anything weird was going on with that... (it happens from time to time that makes the blog format get messed up), it should have cleared it.

Thanks. Myr. There's been no problem with the most recent likes. I'm keeping an eye on it now, and each new one has registered in the total, so that may have fixed it. :) 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

@Myr This may help. It's happened again, and I have figured out that none of @Peter J. Gee's likes over the last day(at the least) have counted in the story rep point total, and may account for all the missing ones. Could it have something to do with his profile, and not registering his likes? Today's likes of the other reader of Morningstar have registered right away in the total. Peter's are the only ones that haven't. Cheers! 

3 minutes ago, Peter J. Gee said:

Hey guy's I am changing my likes to loves and maybe that is why the overall totals not changing ????

Ah... that would make sense! Thanks, Peter! So you haven't added any new likes/loves? I'm getting notifications for chapter likes from you. @Timothy M. is doing the same thing, changing likes to love, but I'm getting no notifications from him. 

14 minutes ago, Peter J. Gee said:

I think it's been 2 or 3 as of now, the last was when I received this notification

Hey, Peter. Were they changed likes or new likes? If they were changed, then mystery is solved. :)