Imagine Magazine Question For 9/2

Peace2

Unhappy. Uncivil. Absolutely classless.

Sooooo many people like this exist in this day age. A world of male and female 'Karens' who feel entitled and just run around treating people like shit. I almost hate the fact that Youtube censors violent content, because I SERIOUSLY want to see some of these people get their asses handed to them! Beat them the fuck up! God, I HATE them! Who raised you? Why do you think this kind of behavior is acceptable in any part of a civilized society? You're a fucking CHILD, and you need just one good beat down to teach you that you can't run around acting like this. You over entitled piece of shit.

BUT...we can't handle things that way and claim to be any better than they are? Can we?

There are people that will test your limits, provoke you into fights that you don't want to be a part of, people who may deserve to get punched right in their fucking mouth for the awful things that they say. But...do you feel a need to be the bigger person? Do you walk away? Do you just stand there and take it? Or do you find ways to take a deep breath and let it go? Do you have methods of finding a happy place that will keep you from reacting irrationally? And if so...where is that happy place?

How do you deal with people who act like this? And should they just get away with it? Is that encouraging the behavior to continue? Or does somebody need to step in and let them know that there are consequences for treating other human beings like garbage just because you don't get your way?

Give us your thoughts on this! Anonymous answers are always welcome! I'd love to hear you thoughts on this, because I definitely have some of my own! Hehehe, but that's for a later date! I'd rather hear from you guys first! :P

Thanks in advance! And I'll seezya soon!

I've been fortunate to never run into a Karen or a Richard in my life, but if I did, I wouldn't give them an inch. Or they'd take a mile. Hell, they'd take FIVE miles, and then demand more! (And to speak to the manager.) And they should absolutely be called out for this behavior, and punished, because it's the only way to teach them that other people are not their servants.

• Love 1

One thing that I've come to realize, mostly over the last few years, is that the old addage really does hold true. "Hurt people, hurt people." Nothing could be more true. And what used to really piss me off before seeing it for myself before diving over a counter and wanting to choke them until they pass away and I see the light leave their eyes...now I just kind of shake my head and think about how utterly ridiculous these people are. And it comforts me. Hehehe, sometimes it even amuses me.

How do you get into a physical fight with someone working the register at a fast food joint? How does that happen? When I go in, I'm greeted, I let them know what I want, they give me my food, I give them my money, and I leave. There isn't even enough TIME to get into an altercation. And if there's a mistake with my order? You know how you solve that? You say, "Excuse me. There's a mistake with my order." And they apologize and fix it. Done. What's with people throwing a full blown tantrum over this stuff? Simple, they're hurting inside. They hate themselves. So every comment, every mistake, every forgotten birthday, every accidental bump on a crowded train, becomes a fight for life and death for them. Can you imagine living your life like that? All the time?

My happy place is simply giving them a wink and a smile and go one about my day. You can hate yourself on your own time. That's not my problem. That's what people do...they get angry and feel like the world is on their shoulders and their first reaction is to lash out and force somebody else to deal with it. NOPE! You deal with your OWN shit, on your OWN time. I've got problems of my own. Go get your attention elsewhere. You look like an idiot.

So, like I said, I just stay calm and polite and they don't get any fuel from me. It makes me even happier than I was before, because I know it's KILLING them inside! Hehehe! There's help out there available if they want to get better, but they refuse. So, as far as I'm concerned...the hurt will continue until you do something about it. Yelling at your local Walmart employee or the people in your office or bullying other kids on the playground isn't going to solve anything for you. And it's not my job to carry your baggage for you. You lug it yourself or you let it go.

Because if you're having these kinds of issues three or four times a week, feel like the whole world is being so unfair to you, or end up in handcuffs or with a black eye every weekend...guess what...you're the problem. Fix it. Nobody else cares.

• Love 1

Important Information

Our Privacy Policy can be found here: Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..