Dark mode issues

Go to solution Solved by Myr,

I just posted the first chapter of a new story and one of my readers messaged to say that when they switch to dark mode, the text shows dark blue instead of white. They are reading in Chrome. 
I copied and pasted the text from Mac Pages, as I always do, although I am using my iPad rather than my MacBook. Not sure what formatting issues might be causing this.

• Like 1
  • Site Administrator
  • Solution
42 minutes ago, Mawgrim said:

I just posted the first chapter of a new story and one of my readers messaged to say that when they switch to dark mode, the text shows dark blue instead of white. They are reading in Chrome. 
I copied and pasted the text from Mac Pages, as I always do, although I am using my iPad rather than my MacBook. Not sure what formatting issues might be causing this.

Looking at the code, it appears that font size, font color, and font background were set. 

As you can see from what you are currently experiencing, the sheer number of combos of writing software, browsers and whatever means there is no one answer to what causes this.  My past experience, and it is written in FAQ, says that if you have default text size, default text type and only use italics, you can copy and past into the editor with no issue.

But you must check when it posts. 

image.png

Both the dark mode text and text resizing are broke.

You can edit the chapter and do what usually works, pasting from your Mac and not your iPad.

or you can use highlight your text and hit the Text Format Remover button

image.png

Be aware that since you used italics, you'll need to reapply.

Either way, please verify your chapters work when they are posted. The text controls are critical for readability for many members.

• Like 1