Any artists?

Empathy

Anyone willing to help me out with a drawing? I'm in need of a little concept art.

PM me if you're interested.

Should have taken those arts classes.

A Livejournal friend just sent this image to me I added the story tittle. So far it's between...

hooded4c.jpg

or

hooded4b.jpg

Yep, I agree...there are only 2.. :lmao:

O.K....the first one...the first one doesn't seem to cut into the picture as much as the second

neither.

I like the drawing, but take the words, put them over one another like:

...A

Cursed

....Life

(I used periods so it wouldn't flatten it against the left margin)

or something, and put it a third of the way up the page and a third of the way over. Thats a power point and it will attract attention without cutting into the drawing as much.

ofcourse thats just my idea. but if I were to pick one of these it would be the first.

Edited by redlightfeeling

neither.

I like the drawing, but take the words, put them over one another like:

...A

Cursed

....Life

(I used periods so it wouldn't flatten it against the left margin)

or something, and put it a third of the way up the page and a third of the way over. Thats a power point and it will attract attention without cutting into the drawing as much.

ofcourse thats just my idea. but if I were to pick one of these it would be the first.

something like this?

hoodede.jpg

or

hoodedf.jpg

this is something i did a couple of years ago based on an old painting. Would you be interested in using it?4-21-04.jpg

OMG, I'm actually working on a short story called Angel Among Them and that Image would be perfect. though I'm not sure where I'd use it.

well, if u decide to use it, tell me about the setting and i might be able to add a background or something if u'd like. Whether u use it for A Cursed Life or Angel Among Them is fine with me. Make sure to send me a PM if u do.

arg, that would be perfect for Angel Among Them, but I'm afraid the only way I could make use of it would be if I made a webpage to feature my stories and honestly I've only got the two so...

If I end up using it I will certainly make sure to notify you and credit you as the artist in whatever manner you'd like.

• 2 months later...

Once again I'm looking for an image to associate with a new story and I thought I'd include the GA members again. I'm writing a story called Bad Seed, it a high school story about a teen who dances along the lines of a rebellious trouble maker and a victim of hate.

I'm looking for drawings no actual photos and I only want images that I can have permission to use so I can't accept pictures that aren't your own. If you look back through this post you can see some of the others that I've used or check out my page. http://members.gayauthors.org/empathy/

this is something i did a couple of years ago based on an old painting. Would you be interested in using it?4-21-04.jpg

Wow, that's amazing. Good job! :2thumbs: I love it.. well minus the curly hair, but that's just cause I'm a fan of straight hair, lol. :ph34r::lol:

The painting you modeled that on is one of my favorites. I have a small copy on my bedroom wall. I like your interpretation of it. Not that I have some kind of weird wing fetish, or anything. 0:)

There's surprisingly little info out there about the artist (Flandrin). I've always wondered if the model was his lover.

When I first saw this drawing I though the drawing was beautiful. I though the addition of wings was wonderful.

When it was used to headline the story, I thought the idea was a masterpiece.

I saw the original or copy of the youth in Paris in 63/64. To me the drawing of birgsofafeather is better.

Jeune Homme Nu Assis au Bord de la Mer by Jean-Hippolyte Flandrin

The painting you modeled that on is one of my favorites. I have a small copy on my bedroom wall. I like your interpretation of it. Not that I have some kind of weird wing fetish, or anything. 0:)

There's surprisingly little info out there about the artist (Flandrin). I've always wondered if the model was his lover.

My dealings with this pictureLink was a long time ago, there may be newer information available.

Jean-Hippolyte Flandrin painted this picture when he was in Rome on a Postgraduate course, with Ingres as his master.

There is no indication that Flandrin was gay. He had a wife and two kids and there was no scandal.

It was a time and school where life studies were encouraged so that classical garb could be portrayed correctly. It would be incorrect that he did more than his fair share of male nudes.

It has been suggested that the picture was a result of a class where the male model was posed by Ingres. And that his star pupil produced the best picture.

It is also suggested that it was done as a compliment to Ingres

When I first saw this drawing I though the drawing was beautiful. I though the addition of wings was wonderful.

When it was used to headline the story, I thought the idea was a masterpiece.

I saw the original or copy of the youth in Paris in 63/64. To me the drawing of birgsofafeather is better.

Jeune Homme Nu Assis au Bord de la Mer by Jean-Hippolyte Flandrin

My first sight of this picture was in 1964~ when in a party of school boys, we were in Paris for 14 days. It was part of my introduction to real art. We had done all the sights, and as we were in a dormitory for catholic boys destiny for the priesthood in the 6eme arrondissement, so we went to Saint Germain Church. The church was covered by Flandrin and his studios