Adults ?!

AnGeRuCo

Hi All, after browsing the "For Readers" section I found that most of the genres or story lines centres on teens and there feelings. Most of the "MM" sections within the story archive had very little to do with the feelings between grown men? Most of my own stories revolve around the love between adult men, would these pose problematic ones I decide to showcase my work?

:unsure:

First of all...Welcome!

Secondly, in answer to your question, not at all. We welcome stories that feature relationships between adults. While it is true that we have a large portion of stories that are about teens and their relationships, we are always looking for ways to expand into new areas within male/male pairings, as long as it doesn't include relationships between adults and children, or variations thereof.

Let me, or another committee member, know if you have any questions. I look forward to seeing you around the forums. Kitty (PiscesRising), our GAC in charge of author development, would be particularly helpful in this regard.

Edited by Matthew

hey...I only write in the 'teen' group cause I refuse to grow up. :lmao:

But I still read just about everything...so post already 0:)

Hi All, after browsing the "For Readers" section I found that most of the genres or story lines centres on teens and there feelings. Most of the "MM" sections within the story archive had very little to do with the feelings between grown men? Most of my own stories revolve around the love between adult men, would these pose problematic ones I decide to showcase my work?

My story concering a relationship between two men in their early 30s has been well received, so I would say you have nothing to worry about.

• 3 weeks later...

My story centers around two guys in their mid-late 20's. I've been told that they were "cute".

How does one put their stories up here for the masses to see? :read:

My story centers around two guys in their mid-late 20's. I've been told that they were "cute".

How does one put their stories up here for the masses to see? :read:

Go to the efiction section by clicking the link at the top of the forum index that says, For Readers and select the efiction option....or just click this...

E Fiction

Then creat an account and post your stuff :) It's easy

Now, if I could figure out how to change my stuff to either HTML or plain text, I would be good to go. Dosen't want to take mine as they are. :huh::o

Personally, I'm more interested in reading about adults, too, and would love to see more of that. I've noticed the same thing, and had the same reaction. I can't say that's the only thing holding me back from sharing anything I've written, but it's definitely a factor.

I always thought part of it was because so many of the authors here are young themselves, and part of it was just the 'hotness' factor. A lot of people are going to want to read about 18 year old studs, but would anyone really want to read about my 50 year old retired figure skater, and do I even want to risk finding out? (Of course, I could always go back in time and write about him as an 18 year old, too, but generally I'm more interested in characters in the 30-50 range.)

Anyway, I hope you'll decide to post something.

My stories, which revolve around mature men, have been well received.

So I say, go for it.

I think part of the reason so many of these stories revolve around younger guys is that that is generally the age where one has to deal with what for many of us is THE drama in our lives, the process of coming to terms with being gay. It would be nice to read stories where one or some of the characters are gay but where that is just as aspect of the story, not the main theme.

Well I have just brached out from the high school and college categories into the Adult. I have one posted here and I like have no real restrictions when it comes to Adult characters. They don't have to go to school everyday or deal with teenage angst or even coming out. So there's a more openess for creativity.

But anyway, yes there is a place in eFictions for adult characters and I will be checking in on your stories if you decide to share them with the site. :D

Krista

Now, if I could figure out how to change my stuff to either HTML or plain text, I would be good to go. Dosen't want to take mine as they are. :huh::o

the efiction program is designed to work with basic text... if you are having a problem with special formatting here is what I did:

• Copy and paste the story (you will get the special formatting from word right along with the story)
  • Select the option at the bottom to preview the story.
  • Select to preview the story again.
  • By this time you should have plain text -- except for footnotes (and maybe a few other features I've not come across) which you have to take out by hand.
  • Proceed from there.

Hope that helps.

Lugh

I guess people write about teens (or at least younger people) because there's something remotely innocent and romantic about them. I mean teenage is really a time when the world seems to be boundless, when teens start exploring and discovering themselves and their budding sexualities. People in general seem to have a fascination with characters with one foot in childhood and one foot in adolesence. Something about the uncertainties, the embarrasements, the hidden blushes, first-time love and (s)experiences make teenage 'sexy' to read about.

There does seem to be some (s)exciting about being young, and 'virgin' in life. I mean as a society we're so obsessed with youth and afraid of age(-ing). Some old(er) readers wrote to me saying that my writing allows them to relive their youth, something they still cling onto, if only in fiction, and dreams. Perhaps the way 'grown-ups' are confronted with harsh realities of modern life make the seemingly care-free and 'untainted' lives of t(w)eens so appealing. When you're young, it seems, everything and anything is possible. Boundaries lie where your imagination ends. And that in itself can be a very arousing form of 'erotica'.

I'm writing about my own experiences as a teen, because personally I find nice to relive those memories. Depressing sometimes, to think back at the times past, but then comforting again to know I went through all that 'magic'. Perhaps it's that memory or feeling of the 'magic' of teenage that keep the hopes that I might find something just as special soon up. And I guess most people think this way, probably.

But that's not to say adults or even old(er) people have less of a magical story to tell or to be written about. Regarless of how old we (or the characters in the stories) are, we're all just human beings looking to love and be loved.

• 4 weeks later...
I think part of the reason so many of these stories revolve around younger guys is that that is generally the age where one has to deal with what for many of us is THE drama in our lives, the process of coming to terms with being gay. It would be nice to read stories where one or some of the characters are gay but where that is just as aspect of the story, not the main theme.
I think notTed is onto something. With sex no longer being the drama, you can go one or more of a few different directions. First, you could replace the drama with smut. There's a lot of that in the adult-friends section of Nifty. I don't care for it, but that's just me. Second, you can mix in some of drama from business and politics. John Tucker on crvboy comes to mind. He has a decent following over there, I think. Tim Mead, also at crvboy, has great stuff about military ages and up. Right here at GA (and crvboy?), check out, for instance, Jack Scribe. (Apologies to the other adult-oriented authors at GA--I just happened to think of Jack.) dkstories at GA deals with a wide range of ages in his very popular stories, mostly mixing some science fiction. To sum up my reader's view: Welcome! Please contribute!